Inlaid V Nib Sheaffer Fountain Pens That Take Converters (Squeeze Filler Or Modern Twisty)

Axe7man

Hi all,

I have been getting into vintage Sheaffers lately and I am really enjoying the inlaid 'V' nib. However, a problem I have found is that some of these inlaid 'V' nibbed pens are cartridge only pens.

Would somebody kindly list the pens with inlaid 'V' nibs that can also take converters. I just prefer converters over cartridges.

I have been told that the Sheaffer 330 Quasi Imperial takes converters and that's a start! But I would like to know any others.

What about the mighty Targa, or PFM or do any other Imperials take converters?

However, if anybody has a favourite Sheaffer that does not have a inlaid 'V' nib, but can take converters, please do mention!

Thanks all, any help is appreciated!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Axe7man

• AL01

• Sailor Kenshin

• richardandtracy

The PFM is a Touchdown filler. It takes neither cartridges nor converters. I don't see why a regular (not slim) Targa wouldn't take a converter, though.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

I'd have thought Targa or newer would be the types with inlaid nibs taking c/c.

I know it's not vintage, but is not very easy to get hold of, there's the Valor. My wife loves hers. She also has an Ingenuity, but I have never been able to work out if it can take a c/c. My wife never uses that one, not wanting to damage the finish so is unsure how to refill it.

Regards,

Richard

The Legacy comes with a removable semi-touchdown filler, but it can also take carts. I'm not sure about a cpnverter, but as the included 'touchdown' draws ink from a bottle, this should work.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

The only Sheaffer pens I have that did not come with a converter are either a 70s period "School Cartridge" pen, or 50s era Touchdown and Snorkel models.

The Imperial 440, Targa, Intrigue (note: special converter for the Intrigue), Legacy Heritage (Kings Gold), Legacy II Traditional (will take regular converters, but came with a touchdown converter [metal shell with air vent covering a sac]) ALL take Sheaffer converters and cartridges. (Note: those are just the Inlaid nib models I have; I also have a few Triumph nib pens, and open nib Balance II and Connaisseur/Levenger-Seas). The 70s era push-button converter is just about the size of a cartridge and might even fit the "school" pen. The old squeeze converter would be the second most common, being just over cartridge length. Screw piston converters might have a shaft too long for some short barrels.

The Legacy Heritage would be up your alley.

I have used them before...

And booooy don' I wan' one...

I hope you'll get one, (it should come with a converter too), on my behalf.

:lol:

Also, thank you BaronW for the list, I shall try and hunt down the models mentioned.

Yes, I also have found that the modern twist converter is too long for some barrels, shame really.

The Legacy Heritage would be up your alley.

I have used them before...

And booooy don' I wan' one...

I hope you'll get one, (it should come with a converter too), on my behalf.

:lol:

Thanks AL, I hope you get one too! I think I'll be putting a Targa (any finish) or a Legacy Heritage at the top of my list!

The Targas are excellent pens too.

They do tend to be a wee bit more fragile than the Legacies, so do keep that in mind...

... But don't freak out over this perceived issue, 'cause they are still robust pens.

There is even a special converter for the slim Targa. It is hard to find, but does exist. The slim Targas also require a special cartridge (slim).

The Moonwalk Pen - honoring Apollo lunar landings
4-x-2-advertisement-copy-reduced-size.jp

You can use and refill Waterman Short cartridges in these pens.

(No leaks. I have used them in 3 TRZs.)