The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Morrison Photo Thread

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PenHero

PenHero

Sheaffer Collector

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 March 2019 - 22:45

Hi, Folks! 

I keep running into pens made by Morrison, so I thought I would start a thread where we can share our finds.

This is a Morrison engine turned chased chrome plated cap lever fill pen in black c. late 1940s.  This chunky 5 1/8 inch long pen has a straight line chased engraved pull off cap with CHROMIUM PL. stamped on the cap band.  MORRISON is stamped on the clip.  The barrel is stamped MORRISON FOUNTAIN PEN CO. over NEW YORK N.Y. U.S.A.  The stainless steel nib is stamped VERI over SMOOTH over MADE IN over U.S.A. over MEDIUM.

MorrisonChromeBlack_1280_01.jpg

Thanks!

Sponsored Content

#2 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,819 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 March 2019 - 23:53

Interesting.  I have an Arnold with a "Veri Smooth" nib on it.  Do you know anything about that nib maker?  

I guess I should get pix of my Morrison pens up (I have several ringtops and what I think is a Tourist).  They all have Morrison nibs on them, BTW....  :rolleyes: 

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#3 PenHero

PenHero

Sheaffer Collector

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 March 2019 - 10:30

Interesting.  I have an Arnold with a "Veri Smooth" nib on it.  Do you know anything about that nib maker?  

I guess I should get pix of my Morrison pens up (I have several ringtops and what I think is a Tourist).  They all have Morrison nibs on them, BTW....  :rolleyes: 

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Hi, Ruth,

I'm willing to bet the nib is not originial, but who knows?  They show up on pens like Arnolds, so maybe that's the original maker.  Don't know.  This pen is pretty late for a Morrison.

Thanks!

Sponsored Content

|