The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Most Durable Bottles

ink pilot lamy iroshizuku pens india college noodlers bottles write

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Arkanabar

Arkanabar

Ain't I a stinker?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:40

I've seen a lot more complaints about lids failing than bottles, which do tend to be pretty sturdy.  If your lid has a cardboard or paperboard seal and you're worrying about that failing, cut a replacement out of a styrofoam plate

Sponsored Content

#22 RudraDev

RudraDev

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 March 2019 - 05:46

If you have access to Diamine, I would stick with it. The bottles are robust (both 30 and 80ml), plenty of colours to choose and it is VFM.
You can also try the Pelham Blue from the new Gibson range.

OTOH, how much do the Diamine and Pelikan inks cost in India?

80 ml Diamine bottles go for about 800-1000 rupees and the 30ml ones go for around 400 rupees. Pelikan 4001 series sells for about 500-600 rupees and the Edelstein series goes for around 1400 rupees.

#23 Monophoto

Monophoto

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:00

I wouldn't worry about breaking the glass bottle.  What I would worry about is breaking the plastic cap. 

#24 lapis

lapis

medium rare

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,224 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 March 2019 - 13:44

I wouldn't worry about breaking the glass bottle.  What I would worry about is breaking the plastic cap. 

That's right. After the fall of Tiananmen, it was the cap which conked out. The bottle remained in one piece and so did the floor:

fpn_1553607592__tiananmen.jpg

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

#25 1nkulus

1nkulus

Thought2Papier via Ink2Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 March 2019 - 09:28

80 ml Diamine bottles go for about 800-1000 rupees and the 30ml ones go for around 400 rupees. Pelikan 4001 series sells for about 500-600 rupees and the Edelstein series goes for around 1400 rupees.

Interesting... Diamine is double the UK pricing, Pelikan is slightly cheaper and Edelstein is similar.

OTOH, you only need to send a couple of bottles initially and can always restock on festival/holiday visits.

Securely packaged, I see no issues sending them on a single trip to your college address.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

#26 Antenociticus

Antenociticus

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 April 2019 - 00:14

The thread title made me imagine a systematic, Sandy1 type testing process, dropping ink bottles from different heights on to different surfaces. "On the whole I prefer the Akkerman on linoleum ..."

Seriously, nearly all ink bottles seem pretty sturdy to me. Some actually too much so, because it makes them too heavy. As someone said, it's the caps and seals you have to worry about.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ink, pilot, lamy, iroshizuku, pens, india, college, noodlers, bottles, write

Sponsored Content

|