• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mke

• A Smug Dill

• MalcLee

• rudyhou

Sorry.

Since 1 year I regularly visited that offer and for whatever reason I decided today to buy it.

But they still sell the following sets:

20 bottles: https://item.rakuten.co.jp/komamono-honpo/km-fc-ink-50-20/

15 bottles: https://item.rakuten.co.jp/komamono-honpo/km-fc-ink-50-15/

10 bottles: https://item.rakuten.co.jp/komamono-honpo/km-fc-ink-50-10/

5 bottles: https://item.rakuten.co.jp/komamono-honpo/km-fc-ink-50-5/

And even the single bottles are sold for the same price.

Edited by mke

Hi mke, I was only joking as anyone could have bought that last 24 ink set of 50ml bottles, but it still could be you ;). No worries as Komamono Honpo does not ship that particular 24 ink set to Australia anyway and I dont feel that I needed that set that desperately to justify a proxy purchase ....yet. But the 15 ml 24 bottle set is still available on Rakuten Ichiba. Thanks for the additional links.

Certainly, but as I bought the set less than 10 minutes before posting the link to FPN, I might be really my "fault".

Anyway, people know now that there is a shop selling Iroshizuku inks as sets.

Probably sending such a set overseas amounts to a price of $15-16 including proxy purchase (per bottle).

Just had a look what shops in US want for it - $20.

Edited by mke

There are colors I like and colors I don't like. So no reason for me to buy a whole set.

OTOH, I should keep this in mind for when I get low on the colors I like (although I have back-up bottles of Yama-budo and Yama-guri already, having a backup bottle of Kon-peki is not a bad plan...).

Thanks for the heads up on the prices.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Great pickup!

Namiki Yukari Maki-e Zodiac Horse 1st edition, by Masaru Hayashi 林胜 | Namiki Yukari Royale Vermillon Urushi No. 20 | Pelikan M1000 | Montblanc WE 2004 Franz Kafka LE | Montblanc POA 2018 Homage to Ludwig II LE 4810 | Montblanc POA Joseph II 2012 LE 4810 | Montblanc 146 75th Anniversary SE | Montblanc Meisterstück Great Masters James Purdey & Sons SE | Montblanc 118232 Heritage Collection Rouge et Noir Spider Metamorphosis SE Coral | Montblanc 10575 Meisterstück Gold 149 | Montblanc 114229 Meisterstück Platinum 149 | Montblanc 111043 John F. Kennedy LE 1917 Rollerball | Montblanc 116258 The Beatles SE Ballpoint | Montblanc 114723 Heritage Collection Rouge et Noir SE Rollerball | Montblanc Meisterstück Platinum-Coated Classique Ballpoint |

Yikes that sure is a good way to fill up the ink drawer! Enjoy!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

My eighteen 50ml bottles of Pilot Iroshizuku ink — most of which were acquired around 2013 and 2014 — are still mostly full. I shoudn't look... I shouldn't look...

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

My eighteen 50ml bottles of Pilot Iroshizuku ink — most of which were acquired around 2013 and 2014 — are still mostly full. I shoudn't look... I shouldn't look...

Everyone says that there is never too much ink....... and it took me 8 years to finish just one bottle of Sailor Jentle Blue-Black. 8 years...... And there I was trying to buy a 24 set ink. Big breaths........counting to 10.

Ha, did you get the 100th Anniversary inks too?

You bet. I reserved them as soon as I could. 😁

They were full price, however, $15/bottle.

Today, the set will arrive and, if time allows, I will check how (dis)similar the anniversary inks are to the normal colors.

Awesome. Now show us some writing samples please! :D

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

> writing samples

Give me some time please.

--

Believe it or not - I have enough (pens/inks/paper)

(Better not. I just bought a Otto Hutt Design 07 in silver)

I sent them an email and they said they don't ship it directly overseas, so you'd have to go through a proxy :(

So use a proxy or forwarding service (at additional expense, of course; but they aren't really that difficult to employ in practice), or buy from your local stockists allowing for their mark-up. I've done both, depending on the circumstances. Working out which one would incur the lower total cost of acquisition wasn't that hard.

For what it's worth, Komamono-honpo will ship some of the items on its product catalogue overseas directly for online orders, but that subset was quite restrictive in the first place and seems to keep shrinking. That said, because I've bought from them a couple of times before, I have asked for low-risk items it didn't list on Rakuten Global Market (but only on Rakuten Ichiba) to be tacked onto an RGM order in the past, and they kindly accommodated me on the basis that I am a repeat customer and on the understanding that those additional items will not be covered by any sort of warranty — a risk that I was prepared to take, since they were just converters and inks.

I sent them an email and they said they don't ship it directly overseas, so you'd have to go through a proxy :(

at Global Rakuten there still should be good deals for iroshizuku inks, for example i seen quite a good deal here in Nagasawa stationary center (change to pilot-iroshizuku-2 in url for second set of inks), havent pulled trigger myself yet because i'm still debating if i need them or not but they provide "International e-packet" delivery which is far cheaper than EMS if you buy inks individually, and also right now there ongoing discount up to 4500 yen on shipping for orders over 12 000 yen.