Checking In From The Pacific Northwest

bribri82

Greetings,

I have been using and collecting fountain pens for just over two years, and have recently opened the can of worms that is vintage pen restoration. When searching for how-to and repair information this community, in particular the Repair Q&A forum, frequently pops up with excellent information, so I thought it would be advisable to join up. I am still very much a newbie to this esoteric and sublime hobby, and am looking forward to learning all the things I can. My favorite pens, at least this week, include a Pilot Custom 823 (F), Pilot Custom 912 (SF), and a golden pearl Parker Vacumatic (Stub).

I am also aware that there is a PDX Pen Club in town, and am part of the Yahoo group, but with a very young toddler at home I am just enjoying the email content until the kiddo is a bit older and I can take just a little bit of my weekend back.

Cheers!

Brian

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bribri82

• mallymal1

• Wahl

• Henricum_Tropen

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Hello and welcome to FPN.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Welcome to FPN!

Namiki Yukari Maki-e Zodiac Horse 1st edition, by Masaru Hayashi 林胜 | Namiki Yukari Royale Vermillon Urushi No. 20 | Pelikan M1000 | Montblanc WE 2004 Franz Kafka LE | Montblanc POA 2018 Homage to Ludwig II LE 4810 | Montblanc POA Joseph II 2012 LE 4810 | Montblanc 146 75th Anniversary SE | Montblanc Meisterstück Great Masters James Purdey & Sons SE | Montblanc 118232 Heritage Collection Rouge et Noir Spider Metamorphosis SE Coral | Montblanc 10575 Meisterstück Gold 149 | Montblanc 114229 Meisterstück Platinum 149 | Montblanc 111043 John F. Kennedy LE 1917 Rollerball | Montblanc 116258 The Beatles SE Ballpoint | Montblanc 114723 Heritage Collection Rouge et Noir SE Rollerball | Montblanc Meisterstück Platinum-Coated Classique Ballpoint |

My favorite pens, at least this week, include a Pilot Custom 823 (F), Pilot Custom 912 (SF), and a golden pearl Parker Vacumatic (Stub).

Can't fault 'this week's' favorite pens, Brian!

Cherish your time with the toddler, and :W2FPN:

Can't fault 'this week's' favorite pens, Brian!

Cherish your time with the toddler, and :W2FPN:

Wise words. Will do.

Hello and welcome to FPN, from Cape Town, South Africa.

To sit at one's table on a sunny morning, with four clear hours of uninterruptible security, plenty of nice white paper, and a [fountain] pen - that is true happiness!

- Winston Churchill

welcome to the forum.,

It's loaded with information. Enjoy your stay & don't forget to explore the ink recipes :)

Hello and welcome to FPN.

Have a wonderful stay here

Knowledge Power