The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Your Dream Twsbi

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 AlexLeGrande

AlexLeGrande

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 July 2019 - 23:11

My TWSBI Mini Red Gold and White.  It sits on my nightstand and writes first time, every time.

Sponsored Content

#42 EDC

EDC

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 01:20

Did I see correctly? A few days ago, I saw a gorgeous green pen. I think I was called Twsbi Aurora.

You did. Sadly, it was a one-off with no promise of on-going production.

Here's a thread.

#43 Carolinedenise

Carolinedenise

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2019 - 20:22

Has anyone seen the coral Eco on TWSBI's instagram account? Dropping on July 23rd, it looks so, so good.

#44 taimdala

taimdala

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2019 - 18:32

I wish I had known about the Diamond 580 with red and blue (US version), and the mini diamond in white and rose gold. But I was not aware of TWSBI then.

You can get it on eBay for about 64 bucks before shipping.

[just add the http://] to the front of this =>  www.ebay.com/itm/TWSBI-Diamond-580RBT-R-O-C-National-100th-Anniversary-Fountain-Pen/142974295731

I got mine from the same merchant and it arrived in perfect condition. It was *advertised* as the 100th Anniversary Taiwan Fountain Pen, but it just doesn't have the white sun on blue field logo for the cap jewel. So ACTUALLY, it matches the USA red-blue limited edition pen that got released in 2014.

One might say I got ripped off, paying for a pen that wasn't as advertised (100th Taiwan Anniversary vs. USA edition), but seriously, I got it for the color and I can always look up the white sun logo online if I feel the need to gaze upon it. I'm happy with my pen.

Would I buy the actual Taiwan Anniversary edition if it came my way? If it was 100 bucks or less--my wallet's limit for a single pen purchase--oh you betcha, I'd buy it! But for now, I have my version of it and am content to wait for the other pen to come into my life.

Edited by taimdala, 05 December 2019 - 18:33.

#45 taimdala

taimdala

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2019 - 18:40

My dream TWSBI?

Wow, the mind boggles on the color combinations alone.

Hmm ... I'm just a pushover for a deep transparent cobalt, a transparent deep red, a transparent deep green ... basically, the gemstone colors in transparent form. They look like ... well ... gemstones at that point, or medieval stained glasss. Blue, red, green, purple, orange, golden yellow for sapphires, rubies, emeralds, amethysts, topaz, citrines.

YUM!

You know, there is one gemstone that I don't think anyone's done yet: OPAL. And I mean the clear kind, with the color flashes suspended through the clear.

I have multiple sets of polyhedral dice with this opal effect, in clear and also in a milky-clear-blue. Those dice are plastic and hardened to take a beating, becuase ... well ... rolling on tables isn't a soft occupation.

So I think my dream TWSBI would be an opal (clear or milky) with blue/purple/pink fire paired with gold or rose gold. The contrast between the mostly cool opal colors with the warmer metal tones would really set each off to stunning contrast.

God, I hope TWSBI reads this thread! :D

#46 taimdala

taimdala

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2019 - 18:46

In case I misunderstood the topic of this thread, if I were to pick the TWSBI I actually OWN as my dream TWSBI, I'd have to say it's a tie between the ECO and the Diamond 580. I have seven ECOs (because they've issued them in transparent colors that I like for the past 18 months) and I have a single 580. I use them all and I love them. TWSBI *as a whole* has pretty much cornered the dream pen market for me. Reducing it down to a single pen would be hard, unless they issued one in a really unusual color/metal combo.

EDIT TO ADD: That unusual color/metal combo? The Black/Rose Gold they've teased us with all year. THAT ONE. Hellsyeah, I'd buy it!

Edited by taimdala, 05 December 2019 - 18:53.

Sponsored Content

|