Kanwrite Relik Or Camlin 47

Gord K.

I have emailed Fountain Pen Revolution and I am waiting for a reply so I thought I would ask my question here in the interim. I have a couple of Parker 61's and Parker 21 and have grown to like hooded nib pens. In looking at the FPR website I see that they list the Kanwrite Relik and the Camlin 47 fountain pens. Since both of these are the same price at FPR I am wondering if anyone has first-hand experience with both pens and can recommend one or the other. I realize that they are affordable enough to buy both and form my own opinion but would prefer to just buy the one I am going to use as an EDC.

Thanks in advance,

Gord

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hari317

• Gord K.

• vijaych

• Dhruba

Top Posters In This Topic

@hari317 - Thank you for your input. I had already seen and read your review of the Camlin 47 and have reread it a couple of times. I guess that's the pen I'll be looking for.

I was hoping someone would be able to compare and contrast the two pens because I haven't been able to find a whole lot of information on the Kanwrite Relik online. I still haven't heard back from Fountain Pen Revolution, something that surprises me based on the positive things I've read about FPR here and elsewhere on the 'net.

I looked up the Relik. It seems to be a syringe filler. The 47 is a piston filler. There is also the airmail WALITY 77 piston filler. It has a variant called the 77RD which is ed filled, thus allows max ink capacity.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

I have a Camlin 47. It writes really well, but the cap isn't airtight so the pen dries up quickly. You can check out a review on my YouTube channel (link in my signature below).

Currently inked:

- Pilot Custom 743 <M> with Pilot Black

- Pelikan M120 Iconic Blue <B> with Pilot Blue

- Lamy Studio All Black <M> with Pilot Blue-Black

YouTube fountain pen reviews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2qU4nlAfdZpQrSakktBMGg/videos

Both good pens, but my heart says Camlin!

WANTED:

Delta Indios (FP or BP)

Delta Inuit (FP or BP)

Delta Don Quijote (BP or FP, green pref.)

other Delta Indigenous People

(M nibs or wider preferred)

• 1 year later...

Hello....

I also like hooded nibs. I have camlin 47, Wality 77RD and Kanwrite Relik. All pens are good but wality 77 burps as it is an ED. My favourite among them is Kanwrite Relik, it comes with a converter. In India camlin 47 costs around Rs.90/-  and Kanwrite Relik costs around Rs.300/-. This difference in price reflects in the  built quality of the  Relik as it is better than 47. Therefore I recommend Relik over the other two.

My experience with both pen lacks in long term hands on and lacks completely in terms of Relik. But I have used both nibs quite a lot as a separate order for Relik and as normal nib for camlin. My experience with both nibs tends to favor Kanwrite nib over camlin due to better smoothness and wetter flow of nib. The built quality should not give much cause for concern for either although Relik may have better one (due to price but its never a right criteria so no real comment here). Wality will burp at standard ED burp mark of approx 20% ink left give or take and this should apply for both if they can be ED. I remember kanwrite catalog not mentioning ED and by looks of design it might be hard to do conversion, at least much harder then camlin that's for sure so if ED is needed then.....might not be best pic.

Nib wise though Relik is my recommendation, but that's only by nib.

Happy hunting.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2021 at 5:42 PM, Dhruba said:

Whether all nibs are similar?

Both are good pens, with good nibs.

• 10 months later...