The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Ranga Pens: Where/how To Buy?

ranga buy official website

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 WLSpec

WLSpec

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 March 2020 - 11:45

Does anyone have a capped Slim Bamboo and a Sugarcane side by side picture?

I don't, but in response to this old thread, I can say that I have purchased directly from the site and a pen is on its way to me. 

Here is one from PSP if that helps 85AKbN: (Doesn't show sugarcane, but you can probably compare one of those to the sugarcane, as the bamboo slim is shown)

ranga_model_comparison.jpg

Edited by WLSpec, 29 March 2020 - 11:46.

Sponsored Content

#22 Strombomboli

Strombomboli

I can't write with ballpoint pens

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 March 2020 - 15:44

I can say that I have purchased directly from the site and a pen is on its way to me.

Are you sure that it's on its way? When was it sent? I.e., is the Indian Post still working? After all, the whole country has been shut down this week in a rather brutal way.

I purchased a pen several weeks ago, and Kandan wrote me on the 2nd of March , that he'll definitely send the pen in two weeks. That would have been on the 16th, however, I haven't heard from him since. I don't dare to ask about it, since they must have enough problems, even without mails from disgruntled customers ...

Iris

My avatar is a painting by Ilya Mashkov (1881-1944): Self-Portrait; 1911, which I photographed in the New Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow.

#23 WLSpec

WLSpec

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,159 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 March 2020 - 16:47

Are you sure that it's on its way? When was it sent? I.e., is the Indian Post still working? After all, the whole country has been shut down this week in a rather brutal way.

I purchased a pen several weeks ago, and Kandan wrote me on the 2nd of March , that he'll definitely send the pen in two weeks. That would have been on the 16th, however, I haven't heard from him since. I don't dare to ask about it, since they must have enough problems, even without mails from disgruntled customers ...

I got an email with tracking. The pen is on its way and in the mail... but it hasn't reached the USA yet. I assume it is stuck in India (the tracking number says it has been in India for a few weeks, and it doesn't look like it is moving)

But it is in the mail.

Edited by WLSpec, 29 March 2020 - 16:47.

#24 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,811 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 March 2020 - 23:52

Tracking pens sent from India is notoriously difficult - the tracking seems to stop somewhere in India, and under normal circumstances it can take another 3-4 weeks to reach me here in Aus.  Remember too, these aren't normal circumstances - so it could well take a bit longer!

#25 WLSpec

WLSpec

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,159 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2020 - 01:56

Tracking pens sent from India is notoriously difficult - the tracking seems to stop somewhere in India, and under normal circumstances it can take another 3-4 weeks to reach me here in Aus ...

Thank you for informing me of this. 

... Remember too, these aren't normal circumstances - so it could well take a bit longer!

Yes.

#26 85AKbN

85AKbN

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 849 posts

Posted 10 April 2020 - 05:46

I got my Slim Bamboo orange premium ebonite with JoWa medium nib from peytonstreetpens. Second pic is with the Lamy Al-Star Turmaline. A great writer.

SkwD43N.jpg

hD2f336.jpg

U3sspH5.jpg

#27 WLSpec

WLSpec

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,159 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 April 2020 - 22:10

I got my Slim Bamboo orange premium ebonite with JoWa medium nib from peytonstreetpens. Second pic is with the Lamy Al-Star Turmaline. A great writer.

SkwD43N.jpg

hD2f336.jpg

U3sspH5.jpg

Congrats, a beauty! 

#28 Strombomboli

Strombomboli

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 June 2020 - 20:22

Does anyone have any information on the situation at Ranga?

I still don't have the pen of which Kandan informed me about a delay in shipping on March 2nd. I've sent him a mail a week ago to inquire if the Indian post is working again, but didn't receive an answer.

They're based not very far away from Chennai which is under lockdown again, so I'm worried and hope everyone is healthy there.

Iris

My avatar is a painting by Ilya Mashkov (1881-1944): Self-Portrait; 1911, which I photographed in the New Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow.

#29 WLSpec

WLSpec

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,159 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 June 2020 - 03:06

Does anyone have any information on the situation at Ranga?

I still don't have the pen of which Kandan informed me about a delay in shipping on March 2nd. I've sent him a mail a week ago to inquire if the Indian post is working again, but didn't receive an answer.

They're based not very far away from Chennai which is under lockdown again, so I'm worried and hope everyone is healthy there.

I got mine maybe 2 weeks ago, shipped directly from Ranga - I ordered in (I think) in mid-February. 

#30 Strombomboli

Strombomboli

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 June 2020 - 09:48

Thank you! I'll send another mail and if I don't get an answer again, I'll ask PayPal to cancel my payment.

Iris

#31 Lloyd

Lloyd

Can a nib be smoothed by psychokinesis?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,377 posts
  • Location:Trapped inside of a snowglobe that is resting upon a mantel in a home in Massachusetts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 20:48

No packages can leave India at least until the end of the month.  I'm still waiting on my acrylic.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."
Oscar Wilde

#32 Strombomboli

Strombomboli

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 June 2020 - 19:01

When you speak of the devil ... I had just anwered to this post, when I received a mail from Kandan. He tells me the same--Chennai in lockdown, India Post not working until June 30th. So I'll have to wait.

Edited by Strombomboli, 21 June 2020 - 20:49.

Iris

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ranga, buy, official website

Sponsored Content

|