The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Visconti Breeze And Van Gogh Reviews

visconti van gogh visconti breeze

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 drathbun

drathbun

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 March 2019 - 06:34

I bought my Visconti Van Gogh "Starry Night" exactly one month ago. I have not done a video or written review of the pen because I wanted to write with the pen for a decent amount of time before forming my thoughts. Well, I formed my thoughts fairly quickly but never got around to the review. Now that I've purchased another Visconti; the "Breeze" for my wife for her birthday, I thought I'd put the two together into a joint unboxing, comparison review. So I did a video of the unboxing yesterday and compared the Van Gogh to the new model Breeze. I'm posting the YouTube review here, but in the next reply, I will write out my thoughts on the Van Gogh using the standard review format. 

The video review is longer than my usual videos because it has an unboxing, a presentation of the gift and then a head to head comparison and writing samples of both pens. I've put an index in the description to skip ahead if you choose.

"There are thousands of thoughts lying within a man that he does not know 'till he takes up the pen and writes." 

- William Thackeray

Sponsored Content

#2 drathbun

drathbun

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 March 2019 - 07:01

I've been a lover of all things Post Impressionist since I was a teenager and I'll be 63 next month. So when I saw this Van Gogh "Starry Night" fountain pen, I just had to have it. Luckily there was one in stock at my local Visconti dealer and I was able to test it before I purchased it. I've been writing with it almost every day for a month and here are my brief impressions (or post-impressions) of it in the forum's format.

Maker: Visconti                                 Colour Material: Blue / Green / Yellow Resin

Model: Van Gogh "Starry Night"       Cost: $315 Cdn.

1. Appearance & Design (1-10) – 9

I love the design and look of this pen! From the beautiful resin in the colours of "Starry Night" to the faceted body and the magnetic closure, this pen is one I will treasure always. I paid the premium a steel-nibbed pen because of the "work of art" here. I would have liked the section to be the same material as the body.

1. Construction & Quality (1-10) – 9

I found a small crack in the resin of the barrel, but the dealer replaced it within a week. Other than that, the craftsmanship is flawless.

1. Weight & Dimensions (1-10) – 

Length: 140mm capped, 124mm uncapped, 155mm posted

Weight: 30g (total), 19g (uncapped)

Barrel Diameter: 13mm            Section Diameter: 10mm

1. Nib & Performance (1-10) – 10

This pen wrote right out of the box. It required no tuning. It is as smooth as butter with just a hint of feedback. The flow is excellent and the pen starts first time, every time and does not dry out.

1. Filling System & Maintenance (1-10) - 10

The converter works fine and is completely disassemblable. 

1. Cost & Value (1-10) – 8

I have deducted a couple of points because of the price. Even though this pen is gorgeous and writes beautifully, I believe it is still overpriced for a steel-nibbed pen. I would consider $190US (~250 Cdn) to be more reasonable.

1. Conclusion (Final score, xx/6) - 9.3

I love this pen and will write with it constantly for a long time. I don't think it will ever not be inked up. Visconti has improved the nib - next, they need to add the resin to the section and lower the price by about $50US.

HDMz8wc.jpg?1

"There are thousands of thoughts lying within a man that he does not know 'till he takes up the pen and writes." 

- William Thackeray

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: visconti van gogh, visconti breeze

Sponsored Content

|