The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Eversharp Skyline Nib, Feed, And Vent Tube

eversharp skyline ink flow

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bristol24

Bristol24

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 March 2019 - 17:46

About five weeks ago, I purchased my first Eversharp Skyline "in the wild."  This pen is all black with gold trim and has a nice flexible nib.  It is a wet-writing pen, at least with Waterman Serenity Blue.  My question:  Is the Skyline known for being a wet-writing fountain pen?  I'm not complaining but I am curious if a loose vent tube (mine is loose inside the sac) would cause the pen to be somewhat wet.

Edited by Bristol24, 05 March 2019 - 17:59.

Sponsored Content

#2 Pentode

Pentode

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 March 2019 - 23:01

Any pen can be adjusted to write wetter or dryer, within reason, but, yes, mine is a pretty wet writer also.

#3 Bristol24

Bristol24

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 March 2019 - 17:02

Any pen can be adjusted to write wetter or dryer, within reason, but, yes, mine is a pretty wet writer also.

I'm going to replace the sac in mine as it feels "gummy" on the outside and it is a straight sac rather than the tapered one specified by Richard Binder.  While I have the sac off, I will fix the vent tube as well but will do nothing to change the flow at this point.  I'm using Waterman Serenity Blue right now but will be changing inks.  Since Serenity Blue flows exceptionally well, I may find that the Skyline "likes" other inks that may not flow quite as generously.

Cliff

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: eversharp skyline, ink flow

Sponsored Content

|