The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Diamine Archival Registrar's Ink - Dangerous Product From A Good Company

permanent ink diamine

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 The Good Captain

The Good Captain

Gaston F Limoges

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,695 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2019 - 17:33

I've not tried Registrar's. ESSRI had to be jettisoned after a while because I just couldn't use it up quick enough, even decanting it to a smaller bottle for 'current' use. I still dabble with Salix & Scabiosa now and again but my firm favourite of a 'semi-iron gall' will always be Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black. And for a bit more blue, Platinum Blue-Black.

One day I might venture a bit deeper...!

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

Sponsored Content

#22 eharriett

eharriett

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2019 - 22:06

I’ve had a desire to get my hands on some ESSRI for some time.

Considering it’s popularity on FPN, has anyone capable ever looked into a potential group buy? Maybe get a reduction in price and more importantly a reduction in US shipping with a bulk buy?

#23 Tweel

Tweel

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,225 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 01:47

ESSRI had to be jettisoned after a while because I just couldn't use it up quick enough, even decanting it to a smaller bottle for 'current' use.

Reports of its imminent demise may be greatly exaggerated:  I just checked my bottle, which I haven't touched for 4 years, and which is now two months short of 5 years old.  It went down nice and blue, and started turning black within a couple of seconds of touching paper.

Edit -- After 4 minutes it's now jet-black.

Edited by Tweel, 06 June 2019 - 01:52.

fpn_1375035941__postcard_swap.png * * * "Don't neglect to write me several times from different places when you may."
-- John Purdue (1863)

#24 ceebert

ceebert

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze+

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 July 2019 - 22:18

I like Diamine Registrars.
I use my pens at work, and I do everything wrong: I write on garbage copy paper (that may have been man handled all month by dozens of hands), and must write inside whatever box a manager created when he Fit to Page. I block print. I write 3-4mm characters, even when I dont have to. We are required to use Black, so I use deniable off-blacks like Diamine Macassar and Noodlers mixes. A blue black is a natural for me.

I got a Lamy 2000 for cheap, extra fine. This Lamys so slobbery that I couldnt use it. (Not so cheap if you got to send it out, is it?) So I tried Registrars as a last gasp, despite the spooky stories. Its been almost two years, and its okay. The nibs good. The feeds fine. Its... all fine. I wash it every 3-4 fillings, first vinegar then degreaser soaks, and my ink window is every bit as useful as it ever was. The nibs still clearly wet but it doesnt feather and it doesnt bleed through and it doesnt wipe of and most of all, it doesnt worry me.

Hat-tip to Effrafax for the ascorbic acid, better better better, thanks!

Edited by ceebert, 16 July 2019 - 22:19.

#25 sciumbasci

sciumbasci

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 July 2019 - 11:48

I like Diamine Registrars.
I use my pens at work, and I do everything wrong: I write on garbage copy paper (that may have been man handled all month by dozens of hands), and must write inside whatever box a manager created when he Fit to Page. I block print. I write 3-4mm characters, even when I dont have to. We are required to use Black, so I use deniable off-blacks like Diamine Macassar and Noodlers mixes. A blue black is a natural for me.

I got a Lamy 2000 for cheap, extra fine. This Lamys so slobbery that I couldnt use it. (Not so cheap if you got to send it out, is it?) So I tried Registrars as a last gasp, despite the spooky stories. Its been almost two years, and its okay. The nibs good. The feeds fine. Its... all fine. I wash it every 3-4 fillings, first vinegar then degreaser soaks, and my ink window is every bit as useful as it ever was. The nibs still clearly wet but it doesnt feather and it doesnt bleed through and it doesnt wipe of and most of all, it doesnt worry me.

Hat-tip to Effrafax for the ascorbic acid, better better better, thanks!

Can confirm - exceptional ink that everybody should give a try at least once.

For me, if I am out of ESSRI, I am out of ink.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: permanent ink, diamine

Sponsored Content

|