The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Info On Waterman Canada Ideal #2

waterman nibs

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 penman88

penman88

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 February 2019 - 23:40

Ideal Canada 2 Nib n1087, can anyone give me any info on this pen? is the #2 ideal Canadian still flexy like a a ideal 52 #2 nib?il_570xN.1670661094_g9gp.jpg

Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny 

Sponsored Content

#2 penman88

penman88

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 February 2019 - 23:49

or the 2a ???

Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny 

#3 pen lady

pen lady

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:16

2 or 2A is the nib size, it bears no relation to the flexibility of the nib. They were made from super stiff Manifold to long tined super-flexies.

#4 eharriett

eharriett

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 February 2019 - 16:20

Are the 2 and 2A nibs/feeds interchangeable?

Penman88: I recently acquired a Canadian that looks like this although with a slightly different color and an improper nib.  The pen is called a "Stalwart" and confirming the ID should be easy with that name.  It is a Canadian-only version of another pen almost identical to it.  The one difference being the double ring on the cap. Not being an expert by any means, I thought I'd just share mine looks a lot like that.  Hopefully someone smarter can confirm or educate me as well.

I am now on a hunt to get a replacement nib/feed for that pen, which is why I was wondering about the 2/2A nib interchangeability.

#5 GlenV

GlenV

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 March 2019 - 18:19

2a and 2 are from different era pens, the classic ideal 2 is earlier than the pen your showing from the 40s I would think and later ideal 2 nibs were still in use on the lady Patricia into the mid 30s or so but I dont think would be the right nib for this one.. even though it might fit and would be really cool ha
Regards, Glen

#6 GlenV

GlenV

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 March 2019 - 18:04

eharriet..while poking around in the catalogs I saw the Stalwart in the 1947 catalog.. couldn't see which nib was on it but likely same as on the open nib pens of the taperite era..they have a larger diameter feed than the old Ideal 2's had ..

Edited by GlenV, 02 March 2019 - 18:05.

Regards, Glen

#7 eharriett

eharriett

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,501 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 March 2019 - 06:09

eharriet..while poking around in the catalogs I saw the Stalwart in the 1947 catalog.. couldn't see which nib was on it but likely same as on the open nib pens of the taperite era..they have a larger diameter feed than the old Ideal 2's had ..

Hmm, that’s interesting. I plan on taking that pen with me to next Pen Show opportunity I get to see. Hopefully I’ll be able to test and see if I can find something that works. I have an open nib Taperite. Maybe I can do a comparison.

#8 Freddy

Freddy

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,908 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 March 2019 - 14:32

Ideal Canada 2 Nib n1087, can anyone give me any info on this pen? is the #2 ideal Canadian still flexy like a a ideal 52 #2 nib?il_570xN.1670661094_g9gp.jpg

Contact Max at his Etsy shop and ask......

Max Davis..formerly of 23rd Street, NYCity...by the Hotel Chelsea.....

Fred

#9 eharriett

eharriett

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,501 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 March 2019 - 01:05

Contact Max at his Etsy shop and ask......

Max Davis..formerly of 23rd Street, NYCity...by the Hotel Chelsea.....

Fred

OK, I'd been trying to find a "Max Davis" on Etsy and I have no idea who this is.  Have a shop name? 

#10 Freddy

Freddy

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,908 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 March 2019 - 22:16

OK, I'd been trying to find a "Max Davis" on Etsy and I have no idea who this is.  Have a shop name? 

OK!    Follow the link to Max..scroll down to About......

https://www.etsy.com...=l2-about#about

Next.......Bty..Max Davis is the co-author of  Waterman Past and Present: The First Six Decades with Gary Lehrer

https://www.etsy.com...llery-1-5&pro=1

Fred

who remembers   Lundy's Vanilla Cokes  Joe's Bar and Grill Trolley Cars Ebbet's  Field Buzz-A-Rama Ebinger's  The Cyclone...

Dodge Ball Junior's best cheese cake.......et al

Edited by Freddy, 05 March 2019 - 22:18.

#11 eharriett

eharriett

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,501 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 March 2019 - 00:41

Got it.  Thanks.  Contacting now

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: waterman, nibs

Sponsored Content

|