Kaweco Skyline Classic Sport Fountain Pen Fox

NickiStew

kaweco-skyline-classic-sport-fountain-pe

The Kaweco Skyline is a silver-trimmed twist on the classic Kaweco Sport. With silver barrel markings and nib, the Skyline version is perhaps a little more understated than the gold-trimmed Sport, but is otherwise the same.

Loaned to me by United Inkdom to review, the Skyline Fox is one of seven colours available and features the Kaweco logo in chrome-coloured metal on the end of the cap. The polished stainless-steel nib, manufactured by Bock of Heidelberg is available in extra-fine, fine, medium, broad or extra-broad, as well as in a range of calligraphy nibs. The one I’m using features a 1.1 calligraphy nib.

To view the full article and images please visit my blog: **** WWW.NICKSTEWART.INK ****

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• TheDutchGuy

• NickiStew

• MilanKov

Just got one this weekend! Used to have a very plain one in black which I've lost track of, but was excited as soon as I saw this color.

They're such fun little pens. I've got one (in a different colour) with the 1.1 stub and it's enjoyable. The smallish feed is only barely keeping up with the ink flow of the stub, though.

Quick question, does this Kaweco have screw on nib units or friction fit nib or you have to replace whole front section?

Cheers Milan

If you win over your own stupidity then are you winner or loser? In any case it means something good.

Noooooo! I should not have looked at this thread. I talked myself out of this pen. But it’s so nice looking. Is it kind of a burnt orange. I do like burnt orange as a color.

Posted Image

Quick question, does this Kaweco have screw on nib units or friction fit nib or you have to replace whole front section?

Cheers Milan

This model used to have screw-in nib/feed/collar assemblies. Unfortunately, those days are over, though with a bit lof luck you might find some older stock that hasn't been cleared yet. My dealer told me that nowadays Kaweco glues everything in place. I'm not sure if that's true or not. I am sure that (perhaps as a transition phase) Kaweco followed the screw-in models with models where the nib is friction-fit, i.e. the collar is glued into the section but you can pull out the nib and feed. I know this for certain because I've got one.

Pity, I will give this pen pass. Shame the colour seems rather nice.

Edited by MilanKov

If you win over your own stupidity then are you winner or loser? In any case it means something good.

Does this mean the nib units Kaweco has in black and white are only for those colors of pens?

Posted Image

Does this mean the nib units Kaweco has in black and white are only for those colors of pens?

Yes and no.

Officially you should replace the whole grip section BUT of course you can buy an replacement section of any colour + your desired nib and just pull out nib and feed. With every plastic and AL Sport model, with the Student line, the Liliputs and some others. I do not own the other models and therefore cannot confirm these not mentioned personally but for the Sport models you can do that.

The only thing you should be careful about is to not bent or break the fins of the feed, wash your hand before pulling or wash the feed afterwards to prevent hand oils on the feed and nib disturbing ink flow and make sure that you line up the small hole on the nib with the slit of the feed under it. That really is not difficult

That easy disassembly makes the KaWeCo pens perfect for trying out even those inks that demand easy cleaning, like shimmer inks.

(Edited for spelling.)

Edited by JulieParadise

fpn_1551799214__img_20190305_161650_resi

Mine's burgundy red, with 1.1 stub. Difficult to capture its colour, even in direct daylight. Herbin Rouge Grenat is a great match for it. 19 Euros for the pen, 7 euros for the ink, priceless fun to be had with both. A good FP experience doesn't need to be expensive :) .

Love the photo. I will definitely order one sometime because italic and stub nibs are my favorites. I think I would get the black version because I have the Guilloche version. The Skyline Sport in Mint would be the first to get to try it out.

Posted Image

• 3 months later...

@JulieParadise

I ordered a Red Fox Kaweco from amazon.com because I had enough rewards points to almost pay for the fountain pen. I think I’ll ask for a calligraphy nib for my birthday later this year. I’d probably choose the 1.1mm.

Have you had experience with the twin nib with 2 slits?

Posted Image

@JulieParadise

I ordered a Red Fox Kaweco from amazon.com because I had enough rewards points to almost pay for the fountain pen. I think I’ll ask for a calligraphy nib for my birthday later this year. I’d probably choose the 1.1mm.

Have you had experience with the twin nib with 2 slits?

No. Sorry.

To view the full article and images please visit my blog: **** WWW.NICKSTEWART.INK ****

I quite like my Fox, it's a daily driver at work, though the colour in real life isn't quite as vibrant as photos. I recently got a 1.1 for it, but the nib was a hard starter unfortunately.

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

Mine arrived today, and is filled with Pelikan Edelstein Amber. I chose a Broad nib again.

Posted Image