The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Vintage Ink In Greenwich, Se London

ink quink super quink solv-x vintage ink

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Inkysloth

Inkysloth

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 20:27

If anyone wants a large bottle of red Super Quink with Solv-X, there's one for sale in The Junk Shop in Greenwich. They also have a half-bottle of (I think) permanent blue-black, and a few large bottles of Swan ink with very little ink in. 

If it's still there in a week or so I might be compelled to buy it myself :)

47127533742_354ea6a76c_z.jpgSuper Quink by Robin Inkysloth, on Flickr

Instagram @inkysloth 
My website http://inkysloth.moonfruit.com/

Sponsored Content

#2 mke

mke

Read my lips: No more (pens/inks/paper)

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,922 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 11:55

Wish I could buy this one. But I am nearly 10000 km away. :(

#3 Biff

Biff

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 February 2019 - 16:53

I foolishly bought a couple bottles of Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black on eBay a few years ago for $12 each. They looked like they were made in the late 60s. The labels showed they were from a shop in Salt Lake City, Utah. And when I cracked them open I found they had faded, maybe they sat in a shop window in the hot sun for decades. I still have them. The ink is now a grayish color. Its still usable but no longer blue-black as originally.

My mistake was buying on eBay. I love Pelikan 4001 Blau-Schwarz, in fact its my favorite ink. When I learned it couldnt be sold in this country anymore due to prohibited content I jumped on these eBay bottles, not realizing I could buy from Cult Pens online from UK anytime. But later I visited Munich, Germany and put in a lifetime supply!

Edited by Refusenik, 23 February 2019 - 19:07.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ink, quink, super quink, solv-x, vintage ink

Sponsored Content

|