The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

New Aurora Limited Editions - 888 Nettuno And 365 Coral Sea

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nibsdotcom

Nibsdotcom

Extremely Rare

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 20:32

Aurora has just announced two very special limited edition pens - the 888 Nettuno and Optima 365 Coral Red. Each numbered pen is provided with your choice of 18k solid gold nib and is hand-crafted from marbled Auroloide, Aurora's proprietary cellulose acetate derivative.

The 888 Nettuno, in blue and rhodium, pays homage to icy Neptune at the far reaches of the solar system, while the bright red and gold Coral Sea is inspired by the hues of tropical coral reefs. Both pens  use Aurora's reliable and high capacity piston-fill system, which allow the use of any bottled fountain pen ink.

Arriving soon, both pens are now available for pre-order - you will not be charged until your pen arrives here and is ready to ship to you. The 888 Nettuno is retail $895, our price $806, and the Optima 365 Coral Sea is retail $795, our price $716. As with any pen you purchase from us, both the Nettuno and the Coral Sea qualify for our complimentary nib tuning services, and can also serve as excellent starting points for many of our exclusive nib customizations.

Attached Images

• nettuno.jpg
  • image002-2.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:22

The Aurora 888 Nettuno looks cool, especially with the silver-coloured furniture against that lovely blue – I can almost feel the spine-tingling chill of the far reaches of the galaxy just looking at it. Personally, I think Saturno looks best, then Nettuno, then Marte; the Urano appeals to me the least, it appears to share the same aurolide as the Sun and Moon Lake line of Optima models, but at least with the latter I could get one with rhodium trim.

With the Optima 365 Coral Sea… for some reason I just cannot put the image of raw flesh out of my mind when I see photos of that pen. Pass.

Pretending that all fountain pen collectors and/or enthusiasts here are like-minded, or at least find some merit in each others' personal preferences, is misguided to say the least. Having a shared or common interest in the acquisition and use of fountain pens does not mean one thinks that any of the following qualities is essential, ideal, superior, or preferable: wetbroadflex, vintage, piston-fill, transparent, shading, sheeny, and cheap.

#3 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,553 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:47

I just hope someday they come up with something different than crushed acrylic...

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

architect & fountain pen connoisseur 

blog | instagram | twitter

Sponsored Content

|