A New Kind Of Bespoke Nib

Pravda

Pravda and Tom ... Axel wanted me to tell you both he says Hello 👋 .

Edited by 888007888

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pravda

• zaddick

• Tom Kellie

I say don't get it engraved, get bored with it, and sell it to me for a reasonable price. 😉

I'd get it engraved if it were me. It would good on the platinum trim pen.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Hello Pravda. I met with Axel today here in California and have decided to also pick up this special nib in a 149. I was able to sample a lot of his pens and write in his book. I do have a question for you, Axel recommended that I engrave on the left and right side of the nib since it will be a special nib. I think I will pass on this as Ive never had engravings on a nib or pen before.

Will you be engraving anything on the side of your nib? And what does everyone here think about having this special nib on a Platinum 149?

Just so I understand correctly, are you saying that the nib can have a picture you nominate in a similar vein to the engravings of the limited edition pen nibs?

If so, that's a great opportunity to really make the pen yours and your children's when they inherit this pen from you.

Stunning nib! While it does have a slight upturn to it, It doesn't look too much like the fude nibs I have or used.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Just so I understand correctly, are you saying that the nib can have a picture you nominate in a similar vein to the engravings of the limited edition pen nibs?

If so, that's a great opportunity to really make the pen yours and your children's when they inherit this pen from you.

Engraving for bespoke nibs is typically just text along the two shoulders. Default is often "Handmade for" on one side and "Your Name" on the other.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Engraving for bespoke nibs is typically just text along the two shoulders. Default is often "Handmade for" on one side and "Your Name" on the other.

Ok, I see. Thanks for clarifying that.

I wonder if will ever be possible to have a bespoke picture engraved?

I spent 15 years collecting Montblanc's on M. It was all just about the pens. But then some prominent old-time members (and a relatively new one) won me over to consider 'specialty' nibs.

I started with a OM, then OB, BB, OBBB, B, OBB... and I was hooked. But none gave me as much pleasure as the double slitted, ½ Signature Cursive Italic that Axel and his team created for me on the Heritage 1914 last year.

And now the folks in Hamburg are gifting me something also new for Montblanc.

These 3 lines below are done with the same nib. It is NOT a flex nib. Nor is it a stub held differently.

fpn_1550690020__img_8354.jpeg

It is a Circle nib that produces 3 distinctly different lines depending on the angle you hold it at, and a 4th if you turn it upside down. It has a characteristic of the old Architect nib (which I thought it was in the beginning, but its an entirely new beast).

fpn_1550690056__img_8349.jpeg

Just thought I would share with you :)

Beautiful. This gave me many fond thoughts since I purchased my 149 in Abu Dhabi and broke it in writing int the desert near Liwa. I hope you are enjoying

Dubai! and your pen...

Hello Pravda. I met with Axel today here in California and have decided to also pick up this special nib in a 149. I was able to sample a lot of his pens and write in his book. I do have a question for you, Axel recommended that I engrave on the left and right side of the nib since it will be a special nib. I think I will pass on this as Ive never had engravings on a nib or pen before.

Will you be engraving anything on the side of your nib? And what does everyone here think about having this special nib on a Platinum 149?

I have got one of my nibs engraved on the shoulder with my initials - I did that because it is a special pen to me. It is so small that only I am aware of it and I actually like it as I will never sell this pen.

Pravda and Tom ... Axel wanted me to tell you both he says Hello 👋 .

~ 888007888:

Thank you so much!

Tom K.

• 1 month later...

Hi Pravda. Has your new bespoke pen arrived back to you yet? Mine is still with MB and I am excited to get it back with the custom engraved nib. I ended up visiting the boutique yesterday and ordering another pen while I wait for the bespoke pen. It has been about 2 months so far so I hope the pen comes back to the USA soon.

When arriving home last night, I realized I will also be sending out this new pen for a nib exchange as well. LOL. So much for quenching my thirst for a new MB. 😂

Edited by 888007888

Mine is still with MB and I am excited to get it back with the custom engraved nib. I ended up visiting the boutique yesterday and ordering another pen while I wait for the bespoke pen. It has been about 2 months so far so I hope the pen comes back to the USA soon.

~ 888007888:

After two months in Hamburg, your Bespoke nib pen must be nearly ready.

From what you've written above, it seems that you did decide to have engravings on the sides of the nib.

Whatever Bespoke design it is, I hope that you'll be enjoying it as a writer within the very near future!

Tom K.

• 11 months later...