The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Ink Review: Krishna Cool Breeze

ink krishna turquoise blue ink pilot noodlers lamy review ink test cool breeze

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 RudraDev

RudraDev

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 February 2019 - 13:31

Hi, I recently went on a hunt to find the best turquoise-blue ink I could find and I landed on this ink by Krishna pens. This ink is a part of their super-saturated series and the color is a super nice azure. Here's the full review:

Color: The color is a super vibrant turquoise without any green undertones. this ink is a true blue. the color is somewhat similar to Robert Oster Fire and Ice and Noodler's turquoise.

Drying time: THe flow of this ink is very wet. I used a medium nib and it took about 35-40 seconds before it became completely dry. the pen I used was relatively dry flowing, so if you were to use it on a wet BB nib or a flex nib, the dry time could be higher.

Drip test: The ink is not advertised as being water resistant, and it is not. most of the ink washes away with water, but the writing, for the most part, remains legible. so I would say that it is moderately water resistant.

Shading: This is where it shines. The ink shades like crazy! Even on regular paper, the shading is very prominent. I don't know if this is a trend with turquoise inks, but this has to be in my list of top 10 shading inks.

Saturation: The ink is a part of the super-saturated series. the saturation is very good, especially since the ink flows very wet.

Ease of cleaning: Since the ink is saturated, it does tend to be a little cumbersome to clean, but nothing too difficult. I would rate the easiness to be moderate.

Conclusion: The ink is super vibrant and shades really well, plus the color is a delightful shade of turquoise. My only complaint would be the tiny 20ml bottle the ink comes in. The retail price for this ink is Rs. 180, or about 3 dollars US for a 20ml bottle. It's definitely one of the best turquoise inks I've tried.

materials I used:

Krishna Cool Breeze ink

Lamy VIsta Medium nib

Tomoe RIver 68gsm

A4 printer paper 75gsm

Attached Images

• IMG_20190220_182818.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 migo984

migo984

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 15:37

Lovely colour! Thank you for your review.

Verba volant, scripta manent

#3 sarvesh

sarvesh

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 February 2019 - 17:18

Few days back, I had ordered 5 shades from Krishna and out of 5, Cool breeze was damage. Nice to see it here.

#4 lapis

lapis

medium rare

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,180 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 February 2019 - 20:32

Nice review of a great turquoise. As you say, it really does shade like crazy! What I like best -- and this is, yes, completely subjective -- is that it's a "real turquoise"... not too green and not too blue. Sort of in line with Visconti's.

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

#5 Uncial

Uncial

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,684 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 February 2019 - 00:23

Looks similar to Osters Blue Water Ice.

#6 Raylight

Raylight

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:24

Great review; can I ask you how you bought the inks? Krishnapens' website does not list any of the prices of the inks. I'm pretty interested in buying them. Did you have to personally contact the owner?

#7 RudraDev

RudraDev

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 February 2019 - 12:12

Great review; can I ask you how you bought the inks? Krishnapens' website does not list any of the prices of the inks. I'm pretty interested in buying them. Did you have to personally contact the owner?

No I purchased them from www.penworld.com
They have most of the inks available and they offer great services too!

Edited by RudraDev, 23 February 2019 - 12:13.

#8 Raylight

Raylight

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 February 2019 - 12:20

No I purchased them from www.penworld.com
They have most of the inks available and they offer great services too!

ohh I see, thanks a lot!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ink, krishna, turquoise, blue ink, pilot, noodlers, lamy, review, ink test, cool breeze

Sponsored Content

|