Added Parker Victory Mk V To Collection

Driften

Today I got in a Parker Victory Mk V I ordered from England. I already have a Victory Mk IV that I am loving and thought it would be nice to try out the newer model. The pen is in excellent condition with a "6" date code on the body. That pen was made from 1953-60's. Does it mean it was from 1956 or 1966?

The pen was advertised to have a medium nib but on getting it the nib is an Oblique with stub like qualities. The thin direction is 0.3mm and the heavy direction is 0.55mm. It also is semi-flex and will go out to 0.90mm. I'm still getting used to writing with that nib. I have oblique nibs on modern pens and this one is more like my Pelikan 400 with an OM nib. In general I don't use my stubs and oblique nibs much these days and in a way wish it was a normal round medium. I expect in the future when I'm more into stubs again I will be glad I have this nib. The cap unscrews in just one turn.

For where I hold the pen it's quite comfortable and very similar in girth to my Parker 45 and 61. So far my favorite of the four pens in my Victory MK IV.

Since it can be hard to find measurements on these vintage pens, here are my numbers:

Section: 8.4-9.4mm. Barrel: 11mm. Length closed: 134mm. Length: 118mm. Length Posted: 155mm.

Not sure what I should try next. Is the Duofold Sr the same size as the Victory MK IV? Is the Maxima a little bigger? I look the looks of the Maxima's nib. The Newhaven nibs. Maybe I should stick with Parkers from the UK.

Pics of the Parkers I have so far... Top to bottom: Parker 45, Parker 61, Parker Victory MK V, Parker Victory MK IV.

http://www.jeffdellis.com/images/ParkerFamilyP4-1.png

http://www.jeffdellis.com/images/ParkerFamilyP4-2.png

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matlock

• Driften

• Ricky2011

• mitto

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on acquiring the Victory MK V. I don't see any difference between the Victory MK V and the UK arro Dofold Junior except the markings on the barrels.

Khan M. Ilyas

• 1 month later...

Mark 5's are areometric... made in the late 50's to early 60's

Mark 4 are the one with date codes on the barrel.... e.g 1 or 2 for the year...

Rick

Member of the Writing Equipment Society.

Mark 5's are areometric... made in the late 50's to early 60's

Mark 4 are the one with date codes on the barrel.... e.g 1 or 2 for the year...

The Mark 5 Aerometrics (1953-1968) also had date codes to about 1955 , mine is 4.

Peter