The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Eversharp Skyline -- It's A Wonderful Life

skyline movies jimmy stewart potter wonderful life eversharp

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RedRinger

RedRinger

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 February 2019 - 14:16

Hello Everyone!

I noticed this last Christmas when watching It's a Wonderful Life -- in the scene where poor George Bailey has come hat-in-hand to Mr Potter to ask for a loan, it caught my eye that old Potter was using an Eversharp Skyline. Others have noticed this but I went the extra step of doing some screen captures to show it. It's unmistakeable, and funny enough the black-and-whiteness of it reminds me of one of my favorite old Sheaffer's ads. 

All I have to add is, say, that better be an Executive Skyline, what with all the money you have, Potter! Can anyone via the pics (or by going to the original source) actually identify the model and pattern? I fantasized that I saw longitudinal stripes on the cap, which looks plastic to me... so I guess there's a chance it could be an Executive, since that size only came with plastic caps...

fpn_1550412106__potterskyline1.png

fpn_1550412122__potterskyline2.png

fpn_1550412135__potterskyline3.png

fpn_1550412148__potterskyline4.png

Sponsored Content

#2 mariom

mariom

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 February 2019 - 01:07

What a great pickup. My all time favorite movie features one of my favorite pen designs. I'll now be on the lookout when I do my annual Christmas re-watch of Capra's classic.

=====================================
Mario Mirabile
Melbourne, Australia

www.miralightimaging.com

=====================================

#3 RedRinger

RedRinger

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 February 2019 - 04:33

What a great pickup. My all time favorite movie features one of my favorite pen designs. I'll now be on the lookout when I do my annual Christmas re-watch of Capra's classic.

Thanks! When you pay attention in this kind of detail, you unfortunately notice some continuity errors -- the cuts in the scene go between Potter holding the pen and it not being in his hand. But all the better to be able to see the pen from various angles!

#4 RoyalBear

RoyalBear

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 March 2019 - 02:54

Eversharp, like all the other manufacturers, kept a complete supply of their products on hand (near the studios) and available for use by the movie studios.

#5 Cjayant

Cjayant

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 March 2019 - 20:59

I am on the lookout for this pen too B)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyline, movies, jimmy stewart, potter, wonderful, life, eversharp

Sponsored Content

|