Chuckle

pajaro

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smurf-JJ-81

• pajaro

• inkstainedruth

• AL01

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a Sonnet.

It must crack like there's no tomorrow.

(But in all seriousness, I really do like Super 21s.)

EDIT: Bad grammar.

Edited by AL01

What a Sonnet.

It must crack like there's no tomorrow.

(But in all seriousness, I really do like Super 21s.)

EDIT: Bad grammar.

But the pen is not a Super 21.

Khan M. Ilyas

Yes, it's just an ordinary 21. They are a pretty good pen, though.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."

But the pen is not a Super 21.

Yes, your'e right.

I just like the Super 21s more, but I guess a regular 21/ Sonnet will do the job.

What a confusing 'Bay listing.

Clearly the seller doesn't have a clue.

Won't be the first time, won't be the last time.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

In the last six months I bought a parker 75 premier fountain pen listed as an insignia and another premier 75 listed as a dinner. Great buying both times.

In the last six months I bought a parker 75 premier fountain pen listed as an insignia and another premier 75 listed as a dinner. Great buying both times.

Yum Yum!!!

Clearly the seller doesn't have a clue.

Won't be the first time, won't be the last time.

Are they not the best kind of seller though Ruth? I got a wonderful Sonnet fighter that was listed as a Parker 15 :D

It's not a 'Frankenpen'.....it is a bespoke design  :D 

Yum Yum!!!

Are they not the best kind of seller though Ruth? I got a wonderful Sonnet fighter that was listed as a Parker 15 :D

Well, unfortunately it's often the other way round -- like the person a few years ago who was selling a "vintage Bock pen" for a considerable five figure sum, and then wanted *another* $15K (!) for shipping charges. There were several threads about the listing (and relisting and relisting) with considerable speculation as to the reason(s) for the prices listed (money laundering, paying off the Greek national debt, etc...).

Or the guy who told another potential bidder that there weren't any cracks that he could see in a Vac Shadow Wave I may have slightly overbid on.... :blush:

ETA: I often do better face to face than on eBay for clueless sellers. Like the time a couple of years ago when I walked out of an antiques mall with two Parker 51s with the wrong caps on them; one was labeled as being a Frontier; the other didn't have a price tag, and the guy who opened the case for me was going "Well, how much are the other two pens?" and ballparked me a price accordingly, based on the junkers in with it. The cap on that pen (which turned out to be a Cedar Blue 51 Vac) had the cap for a 3rd tier brand on it. And that ballpark price was $10 US... (the "Frontier" -- really an early 1960s MkII Burgundy Aero, was $15).

Edited by inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

The nib on the Cedar blue was worth nore than the $10, but otherwise the pen becomes a cost center, needing restoration and a cap. Often these purchases start chases for parts that turn out to be fun. Cost money, but there is a thrill of enjoyment in it.

Just realised that the word Flighter became fighter, I think I might go and join Thx for some insignia.......

@Ruth, I keep fighting the urge to buy one of those rare Parker Vectors, I mean they must be down to the last million available now....

@Ruth, I keep fighting the urge to buy one of those rare Parker Vectors, I mean they must be down to the last million available now....

:lol:

I actually keep looking at the unusual designs (now kicking myself that I didn't get one of the "J'taime" ones a few years ago when I had the chance. The Batman ones are really pricy; I bought a Looney Toons Tasmanian Devil one for a friend of mine but haven't had a chance to give it to her. (Why did I buy it? Because she just needed to have one.... ;); my husband and I once got her a t shirt that said something like "every now and then I get the urge to conquer large parts of Europe." Just because she likes Viking stuff. :rolleyes:)

Unfortunately, a lot of the really interesting colors and designs of Vectors only seem to be available as rollerballs these days. I did buy one (but seem to have misplaced :() which is a NOS stock one -- still in the original blister pack -- that has blocks of color (red, yellow and blue) with black outlines. It's my only US made one (I have a bunch of UK-made ones, and one of the newly re-issued French made ones).

I was tempted by the "Shrek" themed ones that were on eBay a couple of weeks ago, but wasn't fast enough and they got sold.

I remember I had a Vector 'Sport' decades ago, I was never sure why a black pocket clip made a pen sporty though!

It is a shame that the variety of the fun Vectors are Rollerballs, I have a couple of of them but would be nice if they were Fps, I suppose I could get handy with the screwdrivers, but it's not the same.

I did just find this though which looks fun, Resisting the urge to bid!

post-148017-0-70184500-1551566224_thumb.png

And just like that I find this,

post-148017-0-79987200-1551566787_thumb.png

Very pricey, but it does look different!

I want to know more about Roland. :)

:happycloud9:

Cathy L. Carter

Live. Love. Write.

I want to know more about Roland. :)

I bet any money you like that he has never owned a Sonnet :lticaptd:

I bet any money you like that he has never owned a Sonnet :lticaptd:

:lticaptd:

:happycloud9:

Cathy L. Carter