Nib And Feed For Ancora Perla

abstract49

I tried to post an ad in the classifieds the other day, but it kept insisting I needed to attach a photo, which I did, several times. Very frustrating.

So, I have tried the more appropriate forum without success, and now I am going to try this.

I have an Ancora Perla (red) with silver colored [not certain what actual metal - palladium?] nib and bands. The nib is too badly damaged to repair, and the feed is bent as well.

I am looking for a replacement. Bryant at Chatterly has tried to find one for me through Ancora, with no luck, Does anyone here have one, or know of a source I might try? Some months ago, I had an offer, but it was a gold colored nib, and I would prefer to keep it as close to original as I can.

Thanks all!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• abstract49

• OMASsimo

• raging.dragon

• praxim

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a nib rhodium plated is not very expensive. And I believe the feed is a standard bock. I put a #6 Ancora nib/feed from a Perla in a Bexley; it fits just fine.

Good luck

Maybe a standard #6 nib fits but I doubt it will be close to the original. As far as I know, Ancora is still producing their nibs in house and looking at my Ancoras, the nibs have a distinctly different shape compared to the standard bock nibs. Did you try contacting them directly? (info@ancora1919.com)

Having a nib rhodium plated is not very expensive. And I believe the feed is a standard bock. I put a #6 Ancora nib/feed from a Perla in a Bexley; it fits just fine.

Good luck

I'm fairly certain Bexley use Jowo nib units, so this suggests that Ancora also use Jowo nib units.

Maybe a standard #6 nib fits but I doubt it will be close to the original. As far as I know, Ancora is still producing their nibs in house and looking at my Ancoras, the nibs have a distinctly different shape compared to the standard bock nibs. Did you try contacting them directly? (info@ancora1919.com)

Do your Ancora nibs look like Jowo nibs?

I'm fairly certain Bexley use Jowo nib units, so this suggests that Ancora also use Jowo nib units.

Do your Ancora nibs look like Jowo nibs?

No, they have a distinct look and Ancora claims that their nibs are handmade in-house productions. Of course, you cannot rule out that they use a Bock or Jowo and then modify it. If you want to see the Perla nib, have a look here https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/52984-review-ancora-perla/

There is a very well priced new Ancora nib on the usual auction site just now, available to the US. It's not plated but this could be easily done before fitting, as suggested.

Ancora nibs are certainly not typical Jowo, at least none of mine are, they have a very different character, are a different shape and the tipping is quite unique too. To my knowledge they have always been made in house, even after the buyout. This said, while some Ancoras had ebonite feeds, the plastic feed on my more recent pens looks very similar to the Jowo no.6 so it's possible they are buying in just the feeds for their pens and making the nibs to fit those.

Ancora nibs are in house, by Santini.

Exactly, have you tried to contact them directly?

Here's the link to their website: http://santini-italia.com/en/manufacture.html.

Good luck!

Current modern daily users: Montegrappa Miya, Omas AM87, S.T.Dupont D-Line, Stipula Etruria Tuscany Dreams, Tibaldi Modello 60.

Current vintage daily users: Aurora 98p, Big Red Lucky Curve, MB622, P51, P75, Pelikan NN400.

No luck thus far with direct contact with Ancora, Santini-Italia et al.

Still searching.

Thanks all for suggestions thus far.