The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Another Rakuten Global Express 30%-Off International Shipping Promotion

rakuten rgx japan reshipping

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:51

Lucky me, Rakuten Global Express (RGX) – the Japanese reshipping service associated with Rakuten Global Market and Rakuten Ichiba – has activated another 30%-off international shipping charges promotion campaign in the last couple of hours. It's something RGX does from time to time throughout the year.

I bought some items on Amazon.co.jp yesterday, and unfortunately these days the only way to get the goods here to Australia is to use a reshipping service, at my additional expense as the consumer; that often kills good deals on Amazon.co.jp and Rakuten for products that are difficult and/or expensive (due to profiteering by commercial importers) get here.

It will still be costly, but that 30% discount could well amount to A$15 or more, and make a significant difference if one is just buying $150 worth of stuff.

I think the terms and conditions of RGX's service is that it will hold goods it received on behalf of registered customers for up to a month, and I was hoping that something like this would come up soon. Fortunately, I didn't have to wait that long!

Now, to see what else I might want to add to this shipment; there's essentially a 'flagfall' charge of ¥2,000 – about A$25.56 – for reshipping goods to Australia by EMS service, on top of weight-based charges. However, I've been very impressed with the speed of delivery on the occasions I've used RGX's service; both times the parcels were ready to collect in my Australia Post Parcel Locker within the week.

Pretending that all fountain pen collectors and/or enthusiasts here are like-minded, or at least find some merit in each others' personal preferences, is misguided to say the least. Having a shared or common interest in the acquisition and use of fountain pens does not mean one thinks that any of the following qualities is essential, ideal, superior, or preferable: wetbroadflex, vintage, piston-fill, transparent, shading, sheeny, and cheap.

Sponsored Content

#2 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,534 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 February 2019 - 18:39

Nice

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

architect & fountain pen connoisseur