The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Good Deal For The Pelikan M101N Bright Red On Fpnibs.com

pelikan m101n red fpnibs

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:23

Pen Boutique sent me marketing email nine hours ago telling me it's the last chance to secure the Pelikan Souveran M101N Special Edition fountain pen in 'Vintage Red' (conveniently not calling the colour what Pelikan calls it officially?) at a reduced price for Valentine's Day, for US$455 not including international shipping to Australia – that's another US$48.07 minimum in delivery charges.

Let's see.

FPnibs.com is offering the same pen – with Bold nib only, probably the last unit(s) in stock – for €271.90, including free international shipping (to Australia, at least, but I think it's for anywhere else too). The choice of nib width is limited, but then Pablo can regrind it for you for a mere €14.90 additionally. The total of €282.33 comes to US$318.56, orA$450 if you're in Australia, at the current exchange rates.

That pen is not my cup of tea, but I'm sure there are Pelikan fans and/or collectors Down Under, so hopefully someone can benefit from this. I'm always happy to promote whatever is a good deal for Australians inclusive of delivery (and tax implications); free international shipping is of course appreciated, but so are simply reasonable delivery charges. 

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with either Pablo or Esther, and I can't even say I'm a satisfied customer, because the one and only order I ever placed with FPnibs.com (recently) was cancelled. Disappointing in that regard, but I'm grateful that Pablo checked the pen while working on the nib for me, and discovered a crack in the pen such that it was unsaleable.

Edited by A Smug Dill, 12 February 2019 - 03:31.

Pretending that all fountain pen collectors and/or enthusiasts here are like-minded, or at least find some merit in each others' personal preferences, is misguided to say the least. Having a shared or common interest in the acquisition and use of fountain pens does not mean one thinks that any of the following qualities is essential, ideal, superior, or preferable: wetbroadflex, vintage, piston-fill, transparent, shading, sheeny, and cheap.

Sponsored Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pelikan, m101n, red, fpnibs

Sponsored Content

|