Parker 75 Photo Thread

PenHero

I only have the one 75 - it's a silver cisele, I've not dated it accurately. If there's a way to clean up the nib collar (or replace it?) advice would be appreciated. I bought it from a charity shop, and it's nearly complete - it's missing the nib adjustment tool. 11668954683_b62033157a_z.jpgP75 box by Robin Inkysloth, on Flickr11668965683_1619234f58_z.jpgP75 accessories by Robin Inkysloth, on Flickr11668946083_aee445fa14_z.jpgP75 Set by Robin Inkysloth, on Flickr11669486256_b0572202b4_z.jpgP75 nib by Robin Inkysloth, on Flickr

Nice find. What is the “nib adjustment tool?”

Happiness is a real Montblanc...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• senzen

• PenHero

• Joane

• Glenn-SC

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice find. What is the “nib adjustment tool?”

http://pentooling.com/Images/4526%20A.JPG

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

In the first picture (top to bottom) they are:

a - treated (for color) titanium cap & barrel

b - Bicentennial - pewter

c- smooth sterling silver, made in Australia, opal cap jewel

d - smooth brass

e - nickel silver

f - standard sterling silver 75 - Cisele'

Thanks!

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Thank you. It’s not something I have ever seen. How does it work and to what purpose?.

Thank you. It’s not something I have ever seen. How does it work and to what purpose?.

The idea was you could rotate the nib so that when you held the textured section in a comfortable grip (to you) the nib when be at the correct angle to the paper.

The "nib adjuster" fits over the nib (flat to the bottom, curved part over the top of the nib) and then you used the leverage provided by the little rod/arm to rotate the nib in the section.

The idea was you could rotate the nib so that when you held the textured section in a comfortable grip (to you) the nib when be at the correct angle to the paper.

The "nib adjuster" fits over the nib (flat to the bottom, curved part over the top of the nib) and then you used the leverage provided by the little rod/arm to rotate the nib in the section.

Thank you very much! I really appreciate having learned something new.

Thank you for posting that! Ill keep my eyes peeled for that now, when I go to flea markets. I love rummaging in baskets containing random assortments of small mystery objects!

Instagram @inkysloth

Hello:

Parker 75 is very good writer.

I like very much the subtype 75 Premier. For example, this Parker 75 Premier Athens made in France.

Regards.

fpn_1550501050__dscn9132.jpg

fpn_1550501081__dscn9145.jpg

Thank you for posting that! Ill keep my eyes peeled for that now, when I go to flea markets. I love rummaging in baskets containing random assortments of small mystery objects!

It's better than adjusting the nib with a paper towel, and probably the sort of thing people don't know about and throw away, but I've seen it on ebay for $30, which seems quite a lot for what it does.

B. Russell

Probably no other pen maker ever had a model with more choices of construction material, patterns. nib selection or country of origin than the Parker 75 family of pens. This tray represents a very small fraction of examples - not including any of the Limited Editions - starting with the first recognized limited edition - the Spanish Treasure Fleet Pen.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll110/pratherpens/75s-I-7_zpszrbaep8k.jpg

If the pen is the right size for you (and it's not for all people) it would be difficult not to find one you liked.

ralph prather

If the pen is the right size for you (and it's not for all people) it would be difficult not to find one you liked.

ralph prather

Fully agree. I have a few and I find them just right as they are very reliable writers. I also have a 75 Ciselé Ballpoint which, at some time, has been run over by a car (not mine). It does not retract and the refill can only be changed with great difficulty but it sits on my desk and is invaluable for taking quick notes etc. Never waste a pen!

Peter

Hi, Folks!

This is a Parker 75 Perlé Place Vendôme gold plated fountain pen c. 1968-1970. Perlé is French for beaded and is so named because the guilloche engraving is round indentations on a parallel lines pattern. It's about 5 inches long with gold plated trim. The cap top is dished. The cap band is stamped PARKER on the front and MADE IN FRANCE on the back. This example is also stamped to indicate 20 microns of gold plating. The Perlé was made in both gold and silver plate.

post-225-0-32942400-1550581985_thumb.jpeg

Thanks!

A few different styles of mostly 75 Ball points are shown below - toward the right are a couple of Parker Retirement Pens. They are in a very similar, if not identical, pattern as used in making the Treasure Gold and the RMS Queen Elizabeth Limited Edition which was made from material salvaged from the Queen Elizibeth's Brass Handrails and fittings.

Many years ago I started writing with one of the Retirement Pens - it has been in my pocket and used everyday since - such an enjoyable pen to use with the stippled and/or textured finish - it makes for a remarkably comfortable pen to hold!

So what if my name isn't Jane T**** - I think she would approve of her pen being used, enjoyed and well cared for.

Parker-BallPoints.jpg

ralph prather

Hi, Folks!

I dont know the precise date of this 75. Perhaps someone can help pin that down.

This is a Parker 75 Ciselé sterling silver fountain pen c. 1964-1993. Ciselé is a deeply engraved cross-hatch pattern. It's about 5 inches long with gold plated trim. The cap top is dished. The cap band is stamped PARKER on the front and STERLING CAP AND BARREL over MADE IN U.S.A. on the back.

post-225-0-82414700-1550674109_thumb.jpeg

Thanks!

Hi, Folks!

I dont know the precise date of this 75. Perhaps someone can help pin that down.

This is a Parker 75 Ciselé sterling silver fountain pen c. 1964-1993. Ciselé is a deeply engraved cross-hatch pattern. It's about 5 inches long with gold plated trim. The cap top is dished. The cap band is stamped PARKER on the front and STERLING CAP AND BARREL over MADE IN U.S.A. on the back.

attachicon.gif D6ECB4C1-CD72-41D0-9AA9-8E337BBE39AB.jpeg

Thanks!

For dating a P75.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/277000-dating-parker-75-pens/

Khan M. Ilyas

Hi, Folks!

This is a Parker 75 Bicentennial Americana pewter fountain pen from 1976. Pewter is a soft metal alloy made primarily from tin with hardeners added like copper and antimony. It's about 5 inches long and notably plain with a plain ball clip instead of the usual Arrow clip. The cap top has a small disk of wood sourced from the original floors and railings of Independence Hall in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The cap band is stamped PARKER on the front and MADE IN U.S.A. on the back. The back of the cap is stamped "Wood in this limited edition pen is a relic of Independence Hall. Philadelphia - 1776" with the edition number underneath. This example is stamped 5,674 / 10,000. Ten thousand pens were made, including fountain pens, soft tip pens and ballpoint pens, each selling for $100 and packaged in a large solid mahogany box with brass fittings.

http://www.penhero.com/Temp/Parker75Bicentennial1976_1280_01.jpg

Thanks!