The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Who Can Identify This Soennecken Fountain Pen?

identify unknown soennecken pen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HollandHenk

HollandHenk

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze+

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:24

Long time ago I got this Soennecken fountain pen from my father. I am not shure if the pen was from my father or grandfather. I assume the pen is made in the period 1950 - 1960. Does anybody know this pen and what the value might be?

Attached Images

• Soennecken 01.jpg
  • Soennecken 02.jpg
  • Soennecken 03.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Karmachanic

Karmachanic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:12

You may find this post helpful:

http://www.fountainp...ion-–-part-2/

"Want little. Need less. Love more."

#3 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Pen Dust

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,250 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 14:54

According to Lambrou's book, it looks like a S-4 (student pen) 1949.

According to Lambrou the Soennecken (111, 222, 333, & 444) were the best piston pens made in the '50's.

Pelikan and MB got into the ball point market early enough to survive. Soennecken missed the boat and died by @ 1960.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany      Info on Bock nibs

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

#4 HollandHenk

HollandHenk

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze+

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:34

Thank you for posting the link to the very interesting story of MB and Soennecken. It is indeed a S4 pen. Looking closer on the body of the pen I notice the S4 inscription.

Any idea of the value of the pen?

#5 praxim

praxim

On twig

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,836 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:04

Any idea of the value of the pen?

Ask ebay.

Anyone owning three or more working pens is in no position to disparage choices by others.

#6 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Pen Dust

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,250 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 14:03

E-80-100 perhaps................enough for a good hangover.....then what?

You have fallen into a patch of luck....

But why not use the little darling....fountain pens are fun. :yikes: ................there are many fountain pen coms.....is there a ball point com?...............ok....there is one with 60 members, 45 are still alive, one of the members posted on it, just last year!!!

Ball points are not fun! Just a work tool. Or they would not be free.

We are living in the Golden Age of Inks..................we are all grown up Kindergartners.with our 64 crayon box of colors.

Hold the pen like a fountain pen, behind the big knuckle so the bottom of the nib tip can skate lightly in a small puddle of ink....with out any pressure needed at all.

Some people....not me, even learn to write well..........and have fun doing it. :unsure:

You have a pen I couldn't afford....Soennecken was always just over my budget. Osmia was my max....out side of a hand full of MB's that fell into them at various times.

I have one Soennecken.....cap and nib....can't be sure about the body (got it cheap in it was not marked) .....how ever it is my best Wet Noodle.

Yours will not be that, in it was a student pen.....like 3xx MB's or the 120 Pelikan.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany      Info on Bock nibs

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: identify, unknown, soennecken, pen

Sponsored Content

|