The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

My Third Estie (In Less Than A Week!) - Dollar Pen

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Misfit

Misfit

Goddess of Inanimate Objects

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 00:30

Oh, I did not see a red Bell Systems when I was searching for that name on eBay. I did read about them in a thread here. Sorry you missed it.

I hope I win the one I am bidding on because it comes from speerbob, so it will be in working order.
Posted Image

Sponsored Content

#42 Misfit

Misfit

• Member - Gold

• 1,827 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 01:07

I won the Bell Systems Esterbrook. It went from $38.99 to $43.89. I tried to reason, if I lose there will be more. But I ended up increasing my bid. Happily that was unnecessary.
Posted Image

#43 Misfit

Misfit

• Member - Gold

• 1,827 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 18:40

Bell System Property LJ arrived today. Hurray! The OP had 3 arrive, and I’ll have 2 arrive. That puts my Esterbrook count up to 6.
Posted Image

#44 Misfit

Misfit

• Member - Gold

• 1,827 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 19:32

I thought the other Esterbrook I ordered was blue. Turns out it is black. The seller never mentioned color, but somehow I saw blue in the photos. The nib is the right one. But the pen obviously needs cleaning as there is dried ink at the base of the nib.

Drat, I thought my collection was set, but still no blue. Edited to add it is an LJ. I looked back at the photos to see if I should have spotted that. But the close up on the cap made it look bigger. I should have noticed the smoothness, and realized it was not blue. But the nib is the 2314-M, and I think I will put it on the Bell System Property LJ to have one super great LJ. I need to be in The Black Pen Society.

Edited by Misfit, 11 July 2019 - 22:39.

Posted Image

Sponsored Content

|