The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Can I Twist A Twist?

twist adjust move nib assembly pelikan pelikan twist

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MG66

MG66

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 February 2019 - 11:23

I recently received a Pelikan Twist I ordered.  Very nice pen, but I have discovered the German notion of how and specifically where I should hold a pen section is at opposition to where my hand wants to hold it.  I will not argue, nor am I the slightest bit interested, in which of us is "right".  :)

My question is, can I move the nib unit so that the slit is lined up with a flat section of the grip, instead of aligned to a point of the triangle as it is now.   I have given it a moderate twist, without much affect, but I don't want to apply serious persuasion to it without knowing if that will ruin it.  I can write, for short periods of time, with it as it is, but it would be a favorite if I could adjust the alignment.

Any advice?

thanks!

C

Oh, I know this of myself

I assume as much for other people

We’ve listened more to life’s end gong

Than the sound of life’s sweet bells

Sponsored Content

#2 FPFan

FPFan

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:33

I don't have a Twist pen, but you could call the vendor the pen came from and ask them about this. If the pen has a pull out nib it might just pull out. If it is a twist, they typically are just like other unscrewing items via the saying: a right twist is righty tighty. Left twist is Lucy goosey.
Fair winds and following seas.

#3 catbert

catbert

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 15:14

The feed pulls straight out. It has a groove on the underside keyed to a ridge inside the section. If you file down the ridge, it might be possible to rotate the nib and feed to the alignment you prefer.

#4 MG66

MG66

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 February 2019 - 01:31

I see. I was hoping the assembly the nib and feed are in could simply rotate to a different alignment with the grip, but it sounds like it won't. I will take a look at that ridge though.

Thanks!

#5 catbert

catbert

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 02:42

Do report back if you attempt the modification.

I disliked the grip of my Twist at first but it doesn't bother me now.

#6 MG66

MG66

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 February 2019 - 16:51

How many wrist surgeries did it take to make it feel right? Lol

#7 catbert

catbert

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 02:10

How many wrist surgeries did it take to make it feel right? Lol

:lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twist, adjust, move nib assembly, pelikan, pelikan twist

Sponsored Content

|