The Art Of Engrave. Montblanc Special And Limited Editions Nibs.

Feamat

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Feamat

• ygv

• Amit.

• zaddick

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks so much for the thread. It shows how unique a company Montblanc is. I don't think there is another company that invests so much into their products to make unique items solely for the collectors. I can't name another company who is as dedicated to creating both unique design for BOTH their pen bodies and nibs. Many companies routinely change their pen bodies, either the material or design. But to invest in this many nib stamping? You'd think in this day and age, that Montblanc would slow this down. Actually even their special edition Meisterstuck range now has unique stamping.

• 2 months later...

What a great thread idea! I've spent a very pleasant half an hour magnifying and appreciating all the tiny details that MB invests into their nibs. I have the Petit Prince LE and for me, the nib is definitely a highlight of the writing experience. I pause and sigh in satisfaction every time I uncap it :wub:

Feamat: Thank you for the fascinating photos and brilliant idea! I've really enjoyed looking at these amazing nibs in detail. In the age where many pen makers approach nibs as "someone else's job", this is labour of love. There is no denying that only MB has the skills, scale and financial clout to do this. Love or hate Montblanc as one may, this: respect.

• 1 month later...

attachicon.gif 2017 Montblanc Writers Edition Antoine de Saint-Exupery M Nib.jpg

2017 Montblanc Writers Edition Antoine de Saint-Exupéry M Nib

~ Feamat:

Thank you for posting another high resolution nib image.

It's beautiful, with such a vivid 5-pointed star.

This thread is a favorite, as it highlights less seen Montblanc fountain pen models.

Your dedication to maintaining and updating this thread is much appreciated.

Tom K.

Thanks to all who have posted enlarged views of MB nibs. I can't afford to buy those pens, or even to live in the world in which those pens are common. And I have an old man's eyes. This thread is an act of generosity.

• 4 months later...

Thank you, Feamat. This was a real treat and you give me inspiration. I acquired a Hemingway a few weeks ago and now have to decide which WE is next.

Thank you, Feamat. This was a real treat and you give me inspiration. I acquired a Hemingway a few weeks ago and now have to decide which WE is next.

Thanks yubaprof.

Congratulations for your Hemingway. Your next WE? Hard choice.

My first WE was Dumas, thinking that this was going to be the only one ... now, after several years searching, I have them all.

Of course there are editions more beautiful than others, or better achieved, but they are all special. Choose the one that has something special that motivates you, the pen or the writer that pays homage, and start there.

Always keep in mind that the photos are a pale reflection of the piece on your hand.

Another tip that I can give is that in the 13 years that I have been forming my collection, the values ​​of the editions have the following behavior. New pieces suffer a slight drop in the second-hand market. Older pieces have experienced a steady rise in the used market, in which some editions are highly valued, Hemingway, Christie, Proust, Dumas, Twain, Verne. While before you buy, less you will pay.

Regards

Feamat

Edited by Feamat