The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Silver Czech Fountain Pen Identification

fountain pen czech silver identification

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 pen2paper

pen2paper

arty o the irst art

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 22:55

Just bumped a silver Centropen discussion in other European pen forum.
Sorry unsure how to copy paste on iPad.
http://www.fountainp...-brands-europe/

Edited by pen2paper, 02 February 2019 - 22:59.

emoticon-animal-007.gif~Hi! fountain pen enthusiast here~

Sponsored Content

#22 untoldpaige

untoldpaige

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze+

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 February 2019 - 01:23

I would say it looks like centropen I saw similar one in antique store. I think the model might be Barclay Centropen 1304 I am not 100% sure.

Actually: Yes

Thomas

What makes me think it's not a Barclay Centropen 1304 is that all of the images I find of it have a removable end piece (not sure what that is called). They also all seem to have what appears to be a black plastic tip at the end of the cap yet mine is solid silver everywhere but the cartridge. I suppose it could be that they sold different variations of the pen with the same name and the one I have is a rare variety?

#23 sandy101

sandy101

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 February 2019 - 02:07

It seems that Centropen was a merger of 12 different pen companies, by the government - so there was one national pen maker. So some of the variations might be down to the pen maker. 

The 1304 was made by Barclays before WW2 and the name was continued with Centropens after the war - but you are talking about a period of thirty or forty years. They probably made the pen with whatever materials were available at that time.

There a variety of models. Hide your credit card and do a search on E-bay. There's a lot of them on sale there - some are 835 silver, some are 900 and there's different nib variations as well. Some of these pens would have been modified after they were bought - a nib might be changed and so on. I've seen model nos 1302, 1304 & 1305. Is there a number written on the side of the section? Some pens seem to have a number inscribed into the plastic on the side of the nib?

#24 Kaweco

Kaweco

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 09:06

Hello

I have a similar pen, silver coated and same pattern, I think it is a little bit smaller, black plastic cap top and without a clip. Possibly a "Ladies"- variation. The blind cap is missing, it must be anywhere in a shoe box. The filling method is a pump mechanism which reminds on the centropen/ Ripet fps. My fp carries the original Ripet gold nib. Ripet is one of the precursors of Centropen.

Kind Regards

Thomas

Attached Images

• Centropen Ripet 2.jpg
  • Centropen Ripet 1.jpg
  • Centropen Ripet 3.jpg

#25 MilanKov

MilanKov

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 February 2019 - 10:31

What makes me think it's not a Barclay Centropen 1304 is that all of the images I find of it have a removable end piece (not sure what that is called). They also all seem to have what appears to be a black plastic tip at the end of the cap yet mine is solid silver everywhere but the cartridge. I suppose it could be that they sold different variations of the pen with the same name and the one I have is a rare variety?

Well to the end part bring different and removeable several earlier versions of 1304 were vac-fills, but and that is the part I am not 100% sure is that certain later versions were aero-fill.

If you win over your own stupidity then are you winner or loser? In any case it means something good.

#26 sandy101

sandy101

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 February 2019 - 15:01

It is not unusual for pens to keep the same name as the parts & and filling systems change. 

The Parker 51 went through different variations - from a vaccumatic to aerometric & I think it ended up as a cartridge pen in the 70's. They were all called the P51. 

If your pen takes an international cartridge, then that means it was probably made after 1960.  

#27 ehemem

ehemem

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 February 2019 - 22:09

I guess that it is a Centropen with a fixed converter, maybe from the late 1950s or the 1960s. I have no idea what the model number is. Most of the Barclay models I am familiar with are clearly marked "Barclay". 

There is a FPN member who is something of an expert of these pens who I hope will chime in...

ETA: Khufu is the name of the expert. you might want to PM him to alert him to this topic...

Edited by ehemem, 03 February 2019 - 22:16.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fountain pen, czech, silver, identification

Sponsored Content

|