The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

How Many Pens Do You Have?

pen fountain pen ink collection lamy pilot twsbi parker nib buying

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#101 JCattorney13

JCattorney13

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 February 2019 - 21:12

About 400 but not going to spend the time counting them

Sponsored Content

#102 MalcolmH

MalcolmH

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,276 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 February 2019 - 21:30

Not showing this post to my husband -- he already says, when I read threads like this one and various ink ones "This is NOT a competition...."

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

:lticaptd:

#103 MalcolmH

MalcolmH

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,276 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 February 2019 - 21:30

I find that I have around a hundred pens parked. ;)

;)

#104 MalcolmH

MalcolmH

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,276 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 February 2019 - 21:35

I can't tell. Else...

...mission impossible.   :ninja:

#105 MalcolmH

MalcolmH

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,276 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 February 2019 - 21:48

Same me! arround 200 Conways and 50 of them wait to be restored.

22 of them are from 286th range. Is there somebody wich has and want to sell the "Autumn leaves" the "Uniform Choccolate Brown" or the " Marbled burgundy ink visible"?

The 286 is my favourite range, and the pen which set me off on the Conway quest.  :thumbup:

#106 como

como

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 February 2019 - 22:22

The 286 is my favourite range, and the pen which set me off on the Conway quest.  :thumbup:

Me too! My first vintage pen is a CS 286.  :)

#107 thx1138

thx1138

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 February 2019 - 13:50

Hmmm, I am just wondering what number would be at a "point of no return"...

Mmm. Whenever you realise there are so many great and desirable pens out there and you really shouldn't let them escape.

#108 Qoan

Qoan

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 February 2019 - 22:55

Not showing this post to my husband -- he already says, when I read threads like this one and various ink ones "This is NOT a competition...."

:D

#109 txomsy

txomsy

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 February 2019 - 07:35

More than I should.

#110 como

como

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 February 2019 - 07:41

Mmm. Whenever you realise there are so many great and desirable pens out there and you really shouldn't let them escape.

I know... It spells trouble when I tell myself "This is the last one, for a while." and then quickly start looking for the next one again.  :rolleyes:

#111 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

vintageandmodernpenslover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,991 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 March 2019 - 12:40

I think that I am nearby 70 pens

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

#112 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,814 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 April 2019 - 06:33

Well, I've gone on a bit of a buying spree in the past few weeks.

Someone gave me a NOS Sheaffer Skripsert; then I found a Lady Skripsert and a Parker 45 at an estate sale company's warhorse sale about a month later ($5 each).  Still have to find affordable converters for those two Sheaffers; but I picked up a squeeze converter for the 45, as well as one for the 45 I bought last fall at the Ohio Pen Show, and a Pilot Con-B converter to replace the dead-sac one in my Metropolitan (the converters were pretty much all $10 US or less, IIRC).  After that it was it was a very silly Parker Vector with a picture of Puss in Boots from the Shrek movies (about $13.50 with shipping, because I was the only bidder).  Two weekends ago I found an Osmiroid "India ink Pen" in its original case (including the gadget to pull the feed for thorough cleaning) at an estate sale a few blocks from my house for a buck, and *another* Parker 45 in an antiques mall in the next county for $4.  Then on Saturday this past weekend, it was a couple of Sheaffers at yet another estate sale (in with a bunch of random pens in a cigar box, where the entire box contents was $10) -- what I think is a Snorkel Sovereign, and some lever-filler which MAY be a Balance (both with 14K nibs, so even if the crack in the cap on the Balance-is pen, it can become a parts pen. Those were $2 apiece...  B)  Then this evening I actually bought something moderatleyexpensive -- a Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Purple Cosmos LE (after finally getting a chance to try a Sailor zoom nib).  But even then I spent a week or two comparison shopping on line and getting input from people on various threads as to whether that nib was worth buying, and how difficult it was to use the pen as far as adjusting the pen angle in relation to the page (which is WHY my friend got treated to a nice dinner at a fairly fancy restaurant).  Although I don't know what specific Kingdom Note ink it was in his pen -- just that it was, um, orange....  :huh:  (oh, and for all the people who say that a zoom nib is very feedbacky?  It wrote like a dream on Tomoe River.  :cloud9: 

Ten pens and three converters acquired in approximately 2 months.  Oh, and several bottles of vintage and vintage-ish Quink ink.  

I'm doomed....

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#113 thx1138

thx1138

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 April 2019 - 13:10

A lot of Parkers and as the gentleman said earlier, probably a number with a comma in it.

A couple of hundred assorted other brands.

The "collection" is made up of probably half fountain pens and half ballpoints.

#114 Rosendust2121

Rosendust2121

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 April 2019 - 19:36

As for me, I have 6(which two are in Daily Rotation and get used very often) and I'm debating a seventh, which will be a Sailor, at least I'm hoping.
<i>Many boys will bring you flowers. But someday you'll meet a boy who will learn your favourite  flower, your favourite song, your favourite sweet. And even if he is too poor to give you any of them, it won't matter because he will have taken the time to know you as no one else does. Only that boy earns your heart-Leigh Bardugo. Please assume no affiliation, as I'm just a pleased customer.

#115 miwishi63

miwishi63

AZPenGuy

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 April 2019 - 22:11

I swore I wasn't going to buy any more, but I bought two more a couple weeks ago and have four more arriving in the next two weeks...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pen, fountain pen, ink, collection, lamy, pilot, twsbi, parker, nib, buying

Sponsored Content

|