Troublemaker Inks (New Company?)

TheGreatRoe

post-97570-0-61553200-1548686538_thumb.png
Inks: Simoun and Doña Victorina

Was hanging out on Reddit and a thread caught my eye. The company is called Troublemaker Inks, out of the Philippines. Most of the inks are either $10 or $15 for 50 ml (free shipping depending on your location) and they have some interesting colors.

Also with some of the colors, when you order, you can select how wet you want the inks to be.

I've been able to find very little on the company, but perusing the website, they seem to know how to talk about inks, so I decided to give them a try. I ordered the 2 above, plus Mango (a nice orange).

I'll post reviews when I get them, but for now here's the address so you can judge for yourself.

https://www.troublemakerinks.com/

"The Great Roe is a mythological beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion, but not the same lion."

My Personal Blog | My Creative Writing Blog | My Heraldry Designs

http://dcroe05.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/crestdr.png?w=100

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheGreatRoe

• penzel_washinkton

• mallymal1

• Karmachanic

Just ordered three bottles, sounds interesting!

Which ones did you get?

Since I've never heard of them, and their name is Troublemaker, I'll tread carefully and test them in lesser value pens. But I like the fact that a couple of the inks contain large warnings like "This one might stain, so maybe don't use in demonstrators" (that's a paraphrase). So maybe they know what they're doing.

"The Great Roe is a mythological beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion, but not the same lion."

My Personal Blog | My Creative Writing Blog | My Heraldry Designs

http://dcroe05.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/crestdr.png?w=100

I'm with TheGreatRoe on this one. They could simply be poking fun at Noodlers and Private Reserve (at least the old PR, time will tell if the new one is fine), but even though I've got no issue putting almost any Noodlers in almost any pen, I think I'll wait for some reviews on those inks.

Thanks for this intro; interesting colours, unfortunate brand name.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Which ones did you get?

I ordered Blue Guitar, Hanging Rice and Simoun - they all looked interesting to me.

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Thank you for posting this. I am always interested in new inks, but I would really like to see some ink reviews.

One thing that I don't care for on their website is now listing which inks are shimmer and those that aren't. You can figure it out if you buy the sample pack, but they should really show that on the description of the individual ink.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Thank you for posting this. I am always interested in new inks, but I would really like to see some ink reviews.

One thing that I don't care for on their website is now listing which inks are shimmer and those that aren't. You can figure it out if you buy the sample pack, but they should really show that on the description of the individual ink.

The only way reviews will appear is if individuals purchase and try the inks. $10 delivered. Go for it!

Add lightness and simplicate.

At the bottom of main page there "Series List", but yea ink description should be updated too.

Interesting colors and pricing! I wish the samples weren't just swabs and there were some writing samples. I'm more interested in how it looks coming out of a pen than smeared on the page.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Interesting colors and pricing! I wish the samples weren't just swabs and there were some writing samples. I'm more interested in how it looks coming out of a pen than smeared on the page.

Absolutely agree. Ink in use seldom looks like the smears

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

Crass! First thing that would interest me would be to order all 4 levels of flow (Dry, Moderate, Wet (standard Troublemaker) and Extra-wet).... just to compare them all with each other. Troublemaker is a neat name, but what's the sense? Really... just to wreak havoc with other companies' products???? Crass!!!!

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Crass! First thing that would interest me would be to order all 4 levels of flow (Dry, Moderate, Wet (standard Troublemaker) and Extra-wet.... just to compare them all with each other. Troublemaker is a neat name, but what's the sense? Really... just to wreak havoc with other companies' products???? Crass!!!!

Well, I would say that from a marketing standpoint, the name works well. You certainly are noticing it. Now, if the ink writes well, they'll have sales and marketing fixed. People will remember the name AND like the ink.

If their name was 'SmoothRite', would you remember that as easily?

If their name was 'SmoothRite', would you remember that as easily?

Your'e absolutely right, no!

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Life is too short to use bad ink. I am not saying that Troublemaker is bad ink. No, no, no! --- I just don't know. C. S.

I'll give these inks a try.

I don't understand the talk about the name; a name is just a name, I think it's quite fun. And to be honest if they thought they had a bad product, they would probably prefer to lie do marketing than go straight BAD STUFF INC - "we sell rubbish, you'll hate it" .

Also although I wasn't born here, I have been in Asia long enough that I'm happy to encourage and support regional initiatives and brands. So Colorverse, Troublemaker, and as many others as possible; bring it on please! I'm definitely with you.

This got my attention, will be considering buying a couple.

Seems Mango is one of the interesting inks from this brand.

Those inks sure look interesting!

Anyone else noticed that Troublemaker's Simoun and Doña Victorina and Cultpens Iridescink Robert and Maureen look quite alike? :huh:

Simoun looks more like the Jalur Gemilang I think but that swab is not enough to draw conclusion.

Just noticed that the brand has been around at least since mid of 2018.