The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Impacted (?) Jinhao 993 Shark

shark jinhao jinhao 993 help stuck

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 vrixton

vrixton

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:34

I was actually going to submit this before I brute-force'd it and tore up the threads so I now have to throw the 3 dollar pen away altogether, but I wanted to try running warm water over it first, and then I got caught up in messing with it and.... well, now it's broken.

Anyway, I bought a Jinhao Shark 993 and wanted to fill it up along with a couple other piston pens I had on hand, and they all have gotten stuck, I assume because I closed them before testing them to write even a little. Lesson learned! But still, how do I open them???? This is the second one I've broken like this, actually, but at least this one didn't pull out the cartridge and get ink everywhere like the last one :'( Last time I get a Fountain Pen Revolution pen.

Sponsored Content

#2 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,560 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 January 2019 - 23:38

wait, what part got stuck?

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

#3 Misfit

Misfit

Goddess of Inanimate Objects

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 06:01

The Jinhao 993 can be bought on eBay and shipped free from China, with one pen costing 99¢. The green version cost more. Curious that.

Sometimes the converters are hard to pull off. Is this what you meant?
Posted Image

#4 penzel_washinkton

penzel_washinkton

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 January 2019 - 23:10

This is like those kind of mystery case that keeps everyone hanging in suspense.... until the reveal is known to be underwhelming.

#5 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,560 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 January 2019 - 07:55

I mean... It's a jinhao Shark... The whole pen is underwhelming.

unless you're five. Then it's awesome.

Edited by Honeybadgers, 31 January 2019 - 07:55.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

#6 penzel_washinkton

penzel_washinkton

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 January 2019 - 13:54

You missed my point. The suspense is around the unknown part that is stuck, not the pen itself.

Oh well..

#7 Misfit

Misfit

Goddess of Inanimate Objects

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 03:05

+1

They are pens for kids, but I keep an inner kid alive in me at times. These pens come with converters (hello Lamy and Pilot) and would work for testing inks with particles since the section is transparent.

I ordered another because I wanted the orange version, and that will make 5 in all. I also picked up a pen that offered lots of nib choices, picking a 1.1mm. That triggered 11% off.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shark, jinhao, jinhao 993, help, stuck

Sponsored Content

|