The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Montblanc 146 With Detached Collar - Need Repair And/or Restorer

montblanc montblanc 146 montblanc repair montblanc restoration montblanc detached collar

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shawnee

shawnee

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 January 2019 - 15:51

Some of you may have already seen this over in the Montblanc forum, but I have a 1995 MB 146 that I recently purchased and *was* in pristine condition until the collar became attached. I do NOT want to send it back to Montblanc because I'm paranoid that they will either remove the nib and feed and put it in a brand new pen or god forbid, they send a whole new pen altogether. I love this pen, I love how it writes, I want it repaired and not replaced.

Do any of my MB family have recommendations for someone who can repair it? I've seen a couple of names bandied around as I've done some searches, but I'd like to get some consensus on someone who can help me, if possible, in the US. I'm not keen to send it overseas.

You can also feel free to message me privately if you prefer.

shawnee

Attached Images

• broken146_01.JPG
  • broken146_02.JPG
  • broken146_03.JPG
  • broken146_04.JPG

Sponsored Content

#2 Limitlesspens

Limitlesspens

Pen Collector

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 January 2019 - 16:21

The solution for the pen can be done 2 ways - either you'd send it to MB and they will exchange the collar for the new one - I think that MB America should have such parts, which means that the pen won't be shipped to Hamburg for repair, the other solution would be to remove the collar along with whole nib unit and tried to reconnect the parts with glue - however this solution is rather temporary than pernament... 

Also, unscrewing the nib unit in Montblanc pen requires special tool and I wouldn't suggest you doing it yourself unless you have some experience doing it 

Edited by Limitlesspens, 24 January 2019 - 16:30.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: montblanc, montblanc 146, montblanc repair, montblanc restoration, montblanc detached collar

Sponsored Content

|