The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Looking For Interesting Inks Recommendations

ink india shimmer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 smruthib

smruthib

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 January 2019 - 03:12

I own a bunch of bril, camlin and penhouse inks, but they only come in the standard colours. Are there any indian made FP inks which are different, shimmer or non shimmer, other than the Krishna inks? Diamine costs a bomb here. 

An issue I have with the inks I own are that they are not saturated enough, especially the bril ones. Recommendations for good solid color are also welcome.

Edited by smruthib, 22 January 2019 - 03:25.

Sponsored Content

#2 RudraDev

RudraDev

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 January 2019 - 17:17

I would recommend that you save up some cash and get some waterman or pelikan inks. They are available on Amazon for around 300-400 rupees.
My personal favourites are pelikan brilliant brown and waterman's tender purple. The brilliant brown has awesome shading. Also, waterman's blue has good shading.
As for shimmering inks, you won't get any good inks without shooting up in price. If you can go higher, the J.Herbin emerald of Chivor is my personal favorite. It costs around 1800 rupees.
Also, in that price range, you can try out the pilot Iroshizuku inks.

Edited by RudraDev, 22 January 2019 - 17:20.

#3 smruthib

smruthib

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:11

Thank you! How do the J. Herbin inks compare to Krishna inks?

#4 RudraDev

RudraDev

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 January 2019 - 07:31

The Krishna inks have wild colors and are pretty neutral, for the most part. But sometimes, they can be a little too "in your face"
The J.Herbin inks are made by the company J. Herbin, which is the oldest ink company. Their inks are a little less saturated, but they're amazing as well. The regular inks don't have too crazy of a color, but their 1670 line is a lot better than the Krishna inks in term of quality.

But, if you want one of the best black inks, the J.Herbin Perle noir is the way to go!

#5 smruthib

smruthib

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:48

Thank you!

#6 we_invanted_zero

we_invanted_zero

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 March 2019 - 20:33

The diamine 30ml ink bottles are relatively more affordable.

You could try saving over some time and getting samples in vials of different inks from goulet/cultpens etc.

I could send you a few diamine ink samples if you want to try em(almost 80% of them are blues though :D).

To answer your question, there's Sulekha, Daytone that have a few different colours other than blue, however none shimmer.

Edited by we_invanted_zero, 05 March 2019 - 20:35.

#7 smruthib

smruthib

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 March 2019 - 04:32

The diamine 30ml ink bottles are relatively more affordable.

You could try saving over some time and getting samples in vials of different inks from goulet/cultpens etc.

I could send you a few diamine ink samples if you want to try em(almost 80% of them are blues though :D).

To answer your question, there's Sulekha, Daytone that have a few different colours other than blue, however none shimmer.

Sent you a PM!

#8 dinupravin

dinupravin

I like 19th Century Classics

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 March 2019 - 10:55

The Krishna inks have wild colors and are pretty neutral, for the most part. But sometimes, they can be a little too "in your face"
The J.Herbin inks are made by the company J. Herbin, which is the oldest ink company. Their inks are a little less saturated, but they're amazing as well. The regular inks don't have too crazy of a color, but their 1670 line is a lot better than the Krishna inks in term of quality.

But, if you want one of the best black inks, the J.Herbin Perle noir is the way to go!

I came across this post as i scout for inks. Thank you for your information. 

Knowledge  Power 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ink, india, shimmer

Sponsored Content

|