The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pilot Custom Heritage 91 Soft Fine/extra Fine Question

pilot custom soft fine soft extra fine

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 January 2019 - 13:45

Upside down!  :o I can't really even wrap my head around that one, but I'll take your word for it (and the results look great)! But wow... I did a quick Google on those Naginata nibs and they seem to be quite a bit out of my price range  :unsure:

If you want to have a taste of a nib with that kind of capability for about US$20, you can try a Hero 187 with a Fude nib. For some reason, a search for that tosses up some pens that look like the one I got, and some that don't, so be careful.

fpn_1548596416__hero_187_writing_sample_

The Fude nib is essentially a physically inverted Concord nib. Sailor makes three models of cheap pens with Fude nibs (two with the bird beak bent at 55°, and one at 40°), but the nibs are pretty bad on those and not even a close imitation of the Naginata Fude de Mannen nib or its sibling the Naginata Concord nib. The Fude nib on the Hero 187 is actually OK, but a bit too wet for my tastes.

Here's another fun nib with some pretty broad capabilities:

fpn_1548735560__sailor_proske_zoom_nib_w

Edited by A Smug Dill, 29 January 2019 - 04:20.

Let's give each other due respect, and approach discussion rigorously. We're all peers and equals here as fellow hobbyists, with common interests in the acquisition and use of fountain pens, but not necessarily any shared values, and no obligation to offer each other moral support for one's narrative or position.

Don't think 'cos I understand, I care
Don't think 'cos I'm talking, we're friends

—'6 Underground' by Sneaker Pimps

Sponsored Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pilot, custom, soft fine, soft extra fine

Sponsored Content

|