The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Identifying Fp In "a Single Man"

film

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mmahtab

mmahtab

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 19:00

Hello, a new member here. Love spotting FPs in movies. Came across one in the movie A Single Man, but couldn't identify it. No luck on the internet either. Can anyone help id this? Thanks!

i6dNljx.png

https://i.imgur.com/i6dNljx.png

Sponsored Content

#2 sidthecat

sidthecat

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,152 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2019 - 22:56

No idea, but that movie made me cry.

#3 BaronWulfraed

BaronWulfraed

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 January 2019 - 20:59

Not much help -- I fed it into Photoshop and applied massive levels (the /lightest/ tone in that image is 50%) and unsharp masking...

Unfortunately, the nib is imprint-side down, and the pocket clip is on the side. Only thing I brought out is what appears to be a greenish visualated section between the nib and section trim ring, with an actual black section at the nib end.

#4 Herrjaeger

Herrjaeger

Carrau

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 January 2019 - 22:23

I can’t help you with your request, but you might be glad to know that there is a nine year-old thread on this very forum completely devoted to fountain pens in movies and TV. I’ve attached the link, and I hope you enjoy.
http://www.fountainp...-movies-and-tv/

#5 WLSpec

WLSpec

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 January 2019 - 14:20

Hmmmm... the cap reminds me of a Cross Pen... looks a little like a Townsend? Not exactly, but that's all that came to mind for me.

#6 mmahtab

mmahtab

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 15:44

Thank you everyone so much for your responses. still no luck finding it. But @Herrjaeger thank you for that thread. Very interesting.

#7 mmahtab

mmahtab

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 15:44

Thank you everyone so much for your responses. still no luck finding it. But @Herrjaeger thank you for that thread. Very interesting.

#8 flipper_gv

flipper_gv

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 January 2019 - 04:53

Hmmmm... the cap reminds me of a Cross Pen... looks a little like a Townsend? Not exactly, but that's all that came to mind for me.

Clip doesn't work. The gold band above the section is what's confusing me the most about this pen. I don't remember any pen of the era with that pattern.

#9 WLSpec

WLSpec

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 January 2019 - 15:00

Clip doesn't work. The gold band above the section is what's confusing me the most about this pen. I don't remember any pen of the era with that pattern.

True. I am at a loss for the moment. I'll keep looking. 

#10 OmegaMountain

OmegaMountain

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 January 2019 - 18:36

I'm betting vintage Montblanc.

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts." - Patrick Rothfuss

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: film

Sponsored Content

|