The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Van Dieman's Inks In Oz

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 saulyleeplans

saulyleeplans

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 January 2019 - 23:26

Has anyone heard or used these inks before?  I ran across them accidentally and I'm curious, they are very cheap but I don't want to assume they aren't good quality though.

https://jinhaopensau...urs-of-tasmania

I'm learning as I go.  I am slightly obsessed with Fountain Pens!

www.penspaperink.com

Sponsored Content

#2 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,929 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2019 - 02:14

Never heard of them.  I took a quick peek at the link and the cobalt blue looks nice (I looked at the writing more than the swab on the photo with the swab card).  Didn't really check out the other colors yet, though.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#3 WLSpec

WLSpec

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 February 2019 - 02:08

Hmmm... very interesting discovery. I haven't heard of these but the name Van Dieman rings a bell... I will keep an eye out. 

According to the about page, the owners of this ink company also brought Jinhao to Australia. I will look into this. I'm intrigued. 

Can I put something down here?                                                                                            A small blog that I run in my free time​spectorpen.com

#4 auslindamac

auslindamac

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 July 2019 - 01:01

Hi all from an Aussie,

Super quick post, in a rush. The Van Dieman's inks are a quality product made by a small company in Tasmania. 

https://www.vandiemansink.com.au/

Haven't been using them for long, still working my slow but thoroughly enjoyable way through a number of stunning colours. It's not only me that enjoys them - my pens are lapping them up, too. Thus far have tried them in Super5, Visconti, Leonardo.... yet to try in Aurora, Platinum 3776 (that'd be the ROKKA that's due to arrive this month  :drool: ) . Will have more to say on the subject when I have more time....sorry for lack of detail now. but there's some interesting reading at their website...   

Edited by auslindamac, 05 July 2019 - 01:03.

Sponsored Content

|