The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Request Ideas To Stop Ink Transfer To Adjacent Page

dingbats* rhodia sailor 1911 noodlers black

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Karmachanic

Karmachanic

Nibalitic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 18:01

use better paper like Tomoe River

Ink sits on top of the Tomoe River I have. Blotter of some kind definitely called for with medium and wet inks. I use a piece of cheap copy paper folded in half for A5 journals.

"Simplicate and add Lightness."

Sponsored Content

#22 SpecTP

SpecTP

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 January 2019 - 21:35

Ink sits on top of the Tomoe River I have. Blotter of some kind definitely called for with medium and wet inks. I use a piece of cheap copy paper folded in half for A5 journals.

If you don't have the time to let the ink dry, then a blotter paper is the best solution. I have a piece that comes with my nanami a5 notebook. In regards to the bleed through issue, I've never had that problem with Tomoe River paper.

Edited by SpecTP, 22 January 2019 - 21:36.

#23 Karmachanic

Karmachanic

Nibalitic

• Member - Gold

• 2,937 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 21:51

If you don't have the time to let the ink dry, then a blotter paper is the best solution. I have a piece that comes with my nanami a5 notebook. In regards to the bleed through issue, I've never had that problem with Tomoe River paper.

Agreed. When I want bleed-through I use Moleskine or that stuff I use in lieu of blotting paper. Works every time! :P

"Simplicate and add Lightness."

#24 sansenri

sansenri

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,927 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 January 2019 - 22:36

two answers IMO (both already mentioned)

fast answer: use blotting paper

slow answer: wait for ink to dry - "blotting paper ruins shading" - how true!

I try to adopt the second choice, when possible

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dingbats*, rhodia, sailor 1911, noodlers black

Sponsored Content

|