A Frustrated Newbie From Virginia, Well, Mostly

shawnee

I would love love love to come to a pen club meeting and Ill check the other forum and see if there are any within an hour from Cville. DC and NYC are too far unfortunately.

I may go to the Baltimore pen show on March 1st as my birthday treat. I suspect it could be rather dangerous for the wallet.

By the way, the 2 plaisirs have finally arrived from Japan. As soon as I can de-ink some of my current active collection, Ill give you an update.

On a side note, I ordered a Pilot Metropolitan so a I could test drive a Pilot pen. Im very curious about Pilot now that Platinum has proved to be unforeseen winner.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shawnee

• pen2paper

• sansenri

• Shrimpkin1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shawnee- since you are an author, you would be interested to know that Haruki Murakami used Pilot pens, and so does Kazuo Ishuguro!!!!! :)

Shawnee- since you are an author, you would be interested to know that Haruki Murakami used Pilot pens, and so does Kazuo Ishuguro!!!!! :)

Okay, I'm becoming increasingly curious of Pilot now especially as Neil Gaiman is also a pilot fan. I've got to research and see which model is reasonably priced and a good indicator of of brand characteristics. I guess I'm off to the other forum for a bit. LOL. I am still in love with this Platinum Century.

Welcome, fellow newbie! Although, I'm newer than you are, I believe. One thing I've learned, so far, is that as long as you don't mess up the nib or severely damage the filling system, pretty much everything else can be cleaned/fixed relatively easily. I started with a Lamy Safari and a Pilot Metropolitan and love both of them, yet I use a Monteverde most often now. FPs, by design, are meant to be enjoyed in all aspects. :)

Pilots are wonderful! I love Metropolitans as everyday pens, and they are a lot of pen for the money. As far as a higher-end Pilot, the Custom Heritage 92 is a nice pen with an outstanding 14k nib. I have the FM, and it has a bit of spring to it that makes it a joy to use. Pilot retail pricing in the US can be crazy, so definitely shop around.

Najeeb

• 5 months later...

Hi, welcome back.

Let's perhaps try a practical approach.

What fits comfortably in Your hand.

What fills, refills, flushes easily, so your experience is grab & go, minimum of fuss, but enjoyable.

Narrow some of these down a bit. Your choices could include variety, at moderate cost.

Reliable, good fit, comfortable, easy of use. Aim for one of two such workerbee writing tools.

Write with joy. Then add fussy pretty costly if that matters, once you've determined a baseline of what's your best fit.

Century 3776 Safari Logo Plaisir are a few fun reliables.

Your Platinum Century 3776 was the best recommendation ever. I don't know if I ever said that so thank you.

Your Platinum Century 3776 was the best recommendation ever. I don't know if I ever said that so thank you.

You're welcome. Was wordy, but in job coach mode it distilled essentials "per you" for a successful outcome. By the kindness of another here at FPN I learned 3776 is a lot of pen at modest cost.