The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Twsbi Precision - Help!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 CzTeacherMan

CzTeacherMan

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2019 - 16:44

I purchased a TWSBI Precision recently, and I LOVE the pen.  I'm having a bit of trouble with the pen, though, and I'm looking for help on how to fix it...

Basically, once it's writing, it works great.  I've got it inked with Sailor Shikiori 4 Seasons ink (Long Autumn Evening).

Problem is...  Every time I uncap it and start writing, i get no flow of ink.  And if I stop writing with the pen uncapped for anything longer than about 10 seconds, it happens again.

Is this an ink problem?  A nib problem?  How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Sponsored Content

#2 EBUCKTHORN

EBUCKTHORN

Extremely Rare

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 January 2019 - 02:00

Pending any more specific advise here, why not ask TWSBI? It's in their interest to have a satisfied customer.

#3 MCN

MCN

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 January 2019 - 02:11

That’s a little weird because my Precision is just about the most reliable pen I have for starting with no problem ever. I’ve had mine inked with Aurora Blue ever since I got it.

#4 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 January 2019 - 02:17

If you've only tried one ink in the pen, I'd suggest you try another ink (if you have one you know is reasonably wet and flowy) before asking TWSBI for help.  Don't know anything about the ink you're using currently, but it's *possible* it could be causing (or contributing to) the problem.

#5 Brianm_14

Brianm_14

Write like no one is watching

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 September 2019 - 05:12

Yes, try another ink. Ask on an ink forum for a suggestion as to which inks would be different from the one you are using now.
Brian

#6 almoore

almoore

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 22:43

Hi
Mine is loaded with Diamine Oxford Blue, and it can go weeks without use and it starts every time.

Al

#7 jchch1950

jchch1950

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 18:51

If you've only tried one ink in the pen, I'd suggest you try another ink (if you have one you know is reasonably wet and flowy) before asking TWSBI for help.  Don't know anything about the ink you're using currently, but it's *possible* it could be causing (or contributing to) the problem.

+1

Sponsored Content

|