Help Please.....

Dcribbs

My friend is new to fountain pens and was given this Montblanc from a family friend. I know I have seen this model before, but for the life of me I cannot recall what it is. Can anyone ID it for me? Thank you in advance.

post-106932-0-40319500-1547439661_thumb.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dcribbs

• zaddick

• meiers

• CS388

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is a small size boheme if genuine.

Edited by zaddick

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

The quality of the nib, if the nib retracts, how the stone is set, and the like. I can't tell much from the photos posted as the pen is capped. I am not saying it is a fake, just these pens are and can be faked.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Thank you very much. I guess the follow up question is, what am I looking for in a fake?

It can be difficult to easily distinguish these days, with the sophisticated fakes on the market. Send us pictures and the experts here will chime in. Close-ups of the nib and feed would be a good start.

And Google the serial number - lots of pens with the same number is a bad sign.

Provenance, if you can find any? Who bought it, when etc.

I'm not familiar with the Boheme line, so I can't really help, but I get no screaming alarm bells from your picture.

Good luck.

Edited by CS388

Of the fake Boheme's I've seen a lot have converters rather than being cartridge filled and those that have the flip rear are usually light and flimsy. The flip top rear should be robust and surprisingly weighty and not rattle. I was once told that the fakes often have a clunky mechanism, but I've tried a few in shops and from other owners and own the exact model you pictured above. In my case the mechanism is quite clunky and somewhat stiff and I've experienced that with another brand new model so it isn't always indicative of a fake.

Moral choice.Your friend obviously feels great about his pen, plus it came from a family member.To even raise the spectre that it might not be genuine might bring into question how good a friend you are.

Its genuine, and you question it's veracity, it's fake and you are telling him something he doesn't want to hear.

It's one of those do you tell someone their wife is playing away.No ones going to thank you.

Bet you wish you hadn't asked now :D :D

But at least you know what model of pen it is and can tell him that.

As Uncial stated "those that have the flip rear are usually light and flimsy" this can be an instant alarm sounder regarding it being a fake.

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......