FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Spotting Lamy Safari Special Or Limited Editions Worldwide?
Posted 12 January 2019 - 17:52
Posted 12 January 2019 - 21:38
I read the Lamy section in this forum.
As Lamy brings out asia-exclusive LEs we don't get any information here in Europe. They are giving out far less information on the German speaking market than any other. So, scanning this international forum often helps.
You may also try to read the specs. Sometimes there is informationen hidden in there. https://specs.lamy.com/en
Posted 14 January 2019 - 03:41
Agreed, this is a frustration. I’ve discovered a number of models when they popped up on eBay, and it's always hard to tell if the seller is trustworthy.
The KMPN Blog is a pretty good source of information. It doesn't catch every edition, but it has posted about some of the LINE character exclusives (e.g. Lamy safari BROWN Edition (2015)) and the recent China-exclusive Studio Terracotta Pearl (want!). See also the “other known variants” notes at the end of the Lamy safari special editions post.
The white Safari with red clip is one I've wrestled with. The glossy red clip and red dot cap top seems to be the canonical “Japan Exclusive” model, but more recently a white safari with the same glossy red clip has been sold with a light grey cap top as an “Asia Exclusive color” that I haven't seen confirmed anywhere. Even more puzzling, I picked up a “Korea exclusive anniversary edition”, which is a glossy white Safari with a metallic red clip (actually gorgeous), and the light grey cap top. I haven't seen any description of this model online, so I have difficulty understanding its provenance, but I'm happy I own it.