The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Spotting Lamy Safari Special Or Limited Editions Worldwide?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Uffuffa

Uffuffa

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2019 - 17:52

Does anyone have any tips about how to spot announcements of limited runs of Lamy Safari around the world when they are due to be released or even when they have been released? It just frustrates me when I find out three months after the release and find that they have all sold out... :( How do you keep your finger on the pulse worldwide?

Sponsored Content

#2 Astron

Astron

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2019 - 21:38

I read the Lamy section in this forum.

As Lamy brings out asia-exclusive LEs we don't get any information here in Europe. They are giving out far less information on the German speaking market than any other. So, scanning this international forum often helps.

You may also try to read the specs. Sometimes there is informationen hidden in there. https://specs.lamy.com/en

„Glück auf!“

#3 sentience

sentience

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 January 2019 - 03:41

Agreed, this is a frustration. I’ve discovered a number of models when they popped up on eBay, and it's always hard to tell if the seller is trustworthy.

The KMPN Blog is a pretty good source of information. It doesn't catch every edition, but it has posted about some of the LINE character exclusives (e.g. Lamy safari BROWN Edition (2015)) and the recent China-exclusive Studio Terracotta Pearl (want!). See also the “other known variants” notes at the end of the Lamy safari special editions post.

The white Safari with red clip is one I've wrestled with. The glossy red clip and red dot cap top seems to be the canonical “Japan Exclusive” model, but more recently a white safari with the same glossy red clip has been sold with a light grey cap top as an “Asia Exclusive color” that I haven't seen confirmed anywhere. Even more puzzling, I picked up a “Korea exclusive anniversary edition”, which is a glossy white Safari with a metallic red clip (actually gorgeous), and the light grey cap top. I haven't seen any description of this model online, so I have difficulty understanding its provenance, but I'm happy I own it.

Sponsored Content

|