Good Price On Pelikan M800 Series On Amazon

OCArt

For those of you having doubts buying from the Amazon Global Store UK account on Amazon.com. This is just an umbrella account. You can login to Amazon.co.uk (also amazon.de, amazon.fr....) using your Amazon.com account and find the same pens listed through the Amazon Global Store UK, but in £ and with the actual seller listed. In most instances it's Amazon itself. After VAT deducted and depending on conversion rates the total is very close to the Global Store UK price.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• Biff

• Mulrich

• Theroc

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve never heard of iParcel.

Amazon US has been using UPS i-parcel service to deliver some of its packages for years. I generally expected incompetence and potential headache whenever I saw an order of mine was to be delivered to me in Australia via i-parcel.

A post here showed good prices on new Lamy Safari at endlesspens.com. ...‹snip›... Someone asked if the site was real and the OP said yes.

I've bought from Endless Pens twice since Christmas, and spent over US$1000 with them. They're fine in my experience.

Edited by A Smug Dill

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Amazon costumer service email indicated the item was damaged in transit. They issued a refund, and suggested I reorder and they would upgrade the shipping speed for free.

So I did.

Thanks for letting me know about I-Parcel, the good and the bad. And for the positive comment on endlesspens.com. Their prices are very tempting.

Posted Image

Turns out amazon.com cannot change the shipping on Global Seller orders once placed. Now I’m being offered 15% off once the order ships or is delivered.

If the order makes it here, and I finally have a White Tortoise of my own, I’ll be happy. The price will be $20 lower yet. And I still plan to use my Discover cash back bonus to reduce the cost even more.

Posted Image

I received my m805 Fine in a common Pelikan box with a basic Amazon mailer. It's quite nice and a bargain at the US297 price.

Edited by SpecTP

My second White Tortoise order is Returning to Seller. It “shipped” the 22nd and is returning the 23rd. That seller gets to hide behind Amazon Global Seller UK. I left a one star review about the experience. I could hardly judge the pen because I’ve never had one.

It has not been a good experience. It isn’t bait and switch, but there is something rotten about it.

Posted Image

The better the deal the better the chances of problems. And not every great deal will have problems, but over time you generally get what you pay for.

If it's still there come payday, I'll buy an 800 (same price but two tone)

Is the B stubby on the 800 nib?

Not in my experience. You may have better luck with a Lamy 2000 or MB broad.

My second White Tortoise order is Returning to Seller. It shipped the 22nd and is returning the 23rd. That seller gets to hide behind Amazon Global Seller UK. I left a one star review about the experience. I could hardly judge the pen because Ive never had one.

It has not been a good experience. It isnt bait and switch, but there is something rotten about it.

Massdrop has the WT for $219.99 with several nibs to choose from, one day left in the drop

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/pelikan-souveran-m400?utm_source=Iterable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ftp_v1a_mixed_%5B%5Burl%5D%5D&referer=RQL664&mode=guest_open&iterableCampaignId=575792&iterableTemplateId=813405

• 1 month later...

I am relatively new to this forum, so my apologies if this type of reminder is not appreciated. There are a few black, M800s in medium left at a ridiculous price of USD $210 + shipping. I jumped in and bought one yesterday when the price was $220. After reading through this thread, I am not sure it will arrive any time soon (if at all), nor will it come with a nib that doesn't need adjusting, but I was certainly willing to take the risk at this price, especially given Amazon's return policy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002MSQCPU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheers!

I am relatively new to this forum, so my apologies if this type of reminder is not appreciated. There are a few black, M800s in medium left at a ridiculous price of USD $210 + shipping. I jumped in and bought one yesterday when the price was $220. After reading through this thread, I am not sure it will arrive any time soon (if at all), nor will it come with a nib that doesn't need adjusting, but I was certainly willing to take the risk at this price, especially given Amazon's return policy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002MSQCPU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheers!

The better the deal the more likely you are to run into problems. But $220 for an M800 is worth a long delivery time and maybe a little nib work.

• 3 weeks later...

That's a great price if you want the broad nib. Cultpens UK has a 10% off right now for all Pelikans and you can select the nib you want.

They also provide a nice-looking Pelikan box with it. Shame they only have a broad italic. I would've had either an F or an M italic!

"Every job is good if you do your best and work hard.

A man who works hard stinks only to the ones that have

nothing to do but smell."

Laura Ingalls Wilder

No issues purchasing from Amazon Global Store UK. As others mention, no box and some concern about the packaging, but all was well and a beautiful M800 arrived today.

Endlesspens.com is having a Memorial Day sale right now, so another vendor to check.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

I recently bought the M1000 (fine nib) with Global priority shipping, the total was just under $350. Delivered in 5 days in the "full-size" box with leather case and a small stack of documents.

Edited by Theroc

There are two ways I can make sense of these low prices for Pelikans from the UK:

1-Stock from before the Sterling crash. In which case prices would go up when new stock comes in.

2-Pelikan is supplying it's retailers in the UK at a discount to keep prices (in Sterling) at pre-brexit levels to maintain it's market share.

Edited by Theroc

There are two ways I can make sense of these low prices for Pelikans from the UK:

1-Stock from before the Sterling crash. In which case prices would go up when new stock comes in.

2-Pelikan is supplying it's retailers in the UK at a discount to keep prices (in Sterling) at pre-brexit levels to maintain it's market share.

It could also just be a random blip in the market, like a seller liquidating inventory. That's how I ended up with my M1000 from eBay for ~$300.

Prices did go up in Oct. last year as I mentioned in my post.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/340120-cult-pens-pelikan-price-increase/?hl=cult

Before the price increase, IIRC, Cult had 10% off making the M1000 £321 for UK buyers and $348 for US buyers (VAT is N/A to the US).

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

• 10 months later...

As a non-essential item, Amazon have stopped restocking Souverans. Consequently prices have shot up on eBay and elsewhere.

I wonder how far this will go.