The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Good Price On Pelikan M800 Series On Amazon

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OCArt

OCArt

OBB

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,941 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 January 2019 - 21:38

I was browsing Amazon (USA) and see that they have very good prices on Pelikans from their UK store.  M800 black for $251, Blue stripes $297 and Stressman for $304.  https://smile.amazon...Z1HHS394SH&th=1

Sponsored Content

#2 Mulrich

Mulrich

Modern Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 17:31

I bought a Stressman from amazon UK a couple years back on a similar deal. It didnt have any of the fancy packaging but was still a perfectly good pen. I should remember to include amazons international shops on my regular price watches.

#3 PAKMAN

PAKMAN

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,484 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2019 - 17:33

Very nice prices! If only I didn't already have too many M800's! (did I really say that!?)

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif             fpn_1321906507__vanness_sign.jpg 

My Favorite Pen Restorer                            My favorite Brick and Mortar              

now selling online!

#4 Storch

Storch

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2019 - 03:07

I picked up the blue stripe M805 a little while back from Amazon UK and, as has been said, no packaging, but a wonderful pen for a great price.

#5 Ponsonby_Britt

Ponsonby_Britt

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:08

I bought a M800 green striated with a B nib for $243 USD from this vendor. It’s currently in transit and should be delivered five days from now. It’ll be my third Pelikan, but first M800.
GATHER ye rosebuds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying: And this same flower that smiles to-day To-morrow will be dying.-- Robt. Herrick, 1591–1674, from To the Virgins, to make much of Time

#6 SpecTP

SpecTP

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:51

That's a great price if you want the broad nib. Cultpens UK has a 10% off right now for all Pelikans and you can select the nib you want.

#7 inkking

inkking

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:16

Sorry to mitigate your enthusiasm but i ordered 4 M805 from different amazon platforms. All 4 nibs were flawed. I sent one back to amazon and sent the 3 remaing to Mike Masuyama for repair or enhancement.

Good luck to you. Let's putt that way: i was unlucky 4 times in a row. There is a thread on my misadventures.

Edited by inkking, 13 January 2019 - 10:18.

#8 Charles Rice

Charles Rice

Mr. Pink

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2019 - 12:54

A note on low prices:  It is becomming more common for dishonest vendors to offer genuine pens at below market prices.  What they do is take your money and then buy the real thing with a stolen card for the normal price and then have the legit vendor send it to you.  So that chances are you'll never know that the item is stolen.  

This is seen most often on Amazon and E-Bay.

Edited by Charles Rice, 13 January 2019 - 12:56.

#9 SpecTP

SpecTP

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 January 2019 - 19:47

I haven't heard of that sort of scam.. but there are scams in Amazon like 'coaches' who get people to pay for items from China and resell on Amazon. https://www.theatlan...-amazon/578443/

#10 Theroc

Theroc

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:40

These are sold by Amazon Global Store, UK.

They should be legit.

However watch out for incorrect product information such as this Pelikan M1000 listed for $92.26

https://www.amazon.c...d/dp/B0064CF314

It's a P205 as the detailed description says.

#11 Charles Rice

Charles Rice

Mr. Pink

• Member - Gold

• 2,066 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2019 - 13:23

These are sold by Amazon Global Store, UK.

They should be legit.

Not that the above is a scam, BUT a scammer can set things up so you think you are getting the item from a legit dealer.  Or, more likely, you are getting the item from a legit dealer but you paid the scammer and the scammer paid the legit dealer with a stolen ID.  Joe scammer does a bill to the stolen card and a ship-to to you.

Looking at their ad for the 1000/205, I'd stay well clear of that vendor.

Edited by Charles Rice, 15 January 2019 - 13:28.

#12 pseudo88

pseudo88

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,351 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 17:02

Not a Pelikan but a friend got a Faber Castell Rollerball on Amazon US, the seller showing as Amazon UK; the price was very good, shipment tracking showed it starting in Poland (???) and going on a small european tour (smart pen, it's what I would have done), it took a little while to arrive but when it did it was in perfect shape.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

#13 Charles Rice

Charles Rice

Mr. Pink

• Member - Gold

• 2,066 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2019 - 18:20

Not a Pelikan but a friend got a Faber Castell Rollerball on Amazon US, the seller showing as Amazon UK; the price was very good, shipment tracking showed it starting in Poland (???) and going on a small european tour (smart pen, it's what I would have done), it took a little while to arrive but when it did it was in perfect shape.

And you really think that was 100% on the up and up?

Interesting - Amazon UK is Actually Amazon EU, located in Luxembourg.

Edited by Charles Rice, 15 January 2019 - 18:59.

Sponsored Content

|