The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Good Price On Pelikan M800 Series On Amazon

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 OCArt

OCArt

OBB

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 January 2019 - 21:38

I was browsing Amazon (USA) and see that they have very good prices on Pelikans from their UK store.  M800 black for $251, Blue stripes $297 and Stressman for $304.  https://smile.amazon...Z1HHS394SH&th=1

Sponsored Content

#2 Mulrich

Mulrich

Modern Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 17:31

I bought a Stressman from amazon UK a couple years back on a similar deal. It didnt have any of the fancy packaging but was still a perfectly good pen. I should remember to include amazons international shops on my regular price watches.

#3 PAKMAN

PAKMAN

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,450 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2019 - 17:33

Very nice prices! If only I didn't already have too many M800's! (did I really say that!?)

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif             fpn_1321906507__vanness_sign.jpg 

My Favorite Pen Restorer                            My favorite Brick and Mortar              

now selling online!

#4 Storch

Storch

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2019 - 03:07

I picked up the blue stripe M805 a little while back from Amazon UK and, as has been said, no packaging, but a wonderful pen for a great price.

#5 Biff

Biff

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:08

I bought a M800 green striated with a B nib for $243 USD from this vendor. It’s currently in transit and should be delivered five days from now. It’ll be my third Pelikan, but first M800.

#6 SpecTP

SpecTP

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:51

That's a great price if you want the broad nib. Cultpens UK has a 10% off right now for all Pelikans and you can select the nib you want.

#7 nibtip

nibtip

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:16

Sorry to mitigate your enthusiasm but i ordered 4 M805 from different amazon platforms. All 4 nibs were flawed. I sent one back to amazon and sent the 3 remaing to Mike Masuyama for repair or enhancement.

Good luck to you. Let's putt that way: i was unlucky 4 times in a row. There is a thread on my misadventures.

Edited by inkking, 13 January 2019 - 10:18.

#8 UltimatePenPolish

UltimatePenPolish

Vintage

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 19:17

Just got mine delivered -- black 805. Perfect condition. comes in the silly little "no box pen sleeve" but I have no issue with that!

Montblanc Pen PolishFountain Pen Flush

#9 japinder_888

japinder_888

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:49

Great Deal

I was browsing Amazon (USA) and see that they have very good prices on Pelikans from their UK store.  M800 black for $251, Blue stripes $297 and Stressman for $304.  https://smile.amazon...XF5WZ1HHS394SH

Great Deal!

I am going to order M800.

#10 Biff

Biff

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 January 2019 - 21:10

Well I didnít get my M800, it was supposed to arrive by the 17th which was more than a week ago. Now the price is $310 (it was listed at $243). I donít know what Iím going to do now, ask for a refund or demand a new one be shipped. I bet they wonít, I think they just didnít want to sell me one for such a low price and they never shipped it. This happened to me once when I ordered a watch through Amazon from overseas that usually sells for $500 when the price dropped to $300. They never shipped the watch and just refunded me the $300 without even asking permission. Anyway this is what I got from Amazon about the M800: Your package may be lost. Packages are rarely this late and we're sorry yours still hasn't arrived. You can wait another couple days or check out these options. [Contact us]

Edited by Ponsonby_Britt, 25 January 2019 - 22:46.

#11 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,960 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 January 2019 - 22:32

The question I have (not that I would be buying a pen that large -- this is more of a rhetorical question) is this: are these pens being sold by Amazon, by a 3rd party seller but fulfilled by Amazon, or just by a 3rd party seller.

I ask because I sort of got burned by a vendor recently when buying a CD.  As opposed to when I bought items directly from Amazon or by items that were from a 3rd party but fulfilled by Amazon -- and had zero trouble with the transaction or the quality of the item.  

In the case of the CD, I had contacted the seller directly asking for tracking info as well as to have the item placed inside my storm door due to the possibility of inclement weather;  I got told "Oh, DHL doesn't provide tracking...."  Only the item DIDN'T arrive via DHL, but was delivered WITH THE REST OF MY MAIL which had been stopped over Thanksgiving.  I gave feedback accordingly, and then the next day got pinged by the seller, offering a partial refund if I "amended" my feedback....  I amended it all right.  I said EXACTLY what had been done and said.    So I got a CD for about 60¢ US because I had used some Amazon rewards points.  Not bad for a CD originally listed at $13.99, but because the seller was an a-hole I wanted everyone else to know what I'd been through.  Oh, and yeah it came within the ETA.  But took nearly three weeks and the vendor is AN HOUR AWAY from me.  I could have driven there and picked up the CD....  But apparently (from looking at the comments vendor's FB page) I was lucky that I got the item at all....  :o 

Even on Amazon, it's a case of caveat emptor....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#12 Lloyd

Lloyd

Can a nib be smoothed by psychokinesis?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,185 posts
  • Location:Trapped inside of a snowglobe that is resting upon a mantel in a home in Massachusetts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 23:01

The question I have (not that I would be buying a pen that large -- this is more of a rhetorical question) is this: are these pens being sold by Amazon, by a 3rd party seller but fulfilled by Amazon, or just by a 3rd party seller.

3rd (or higher  :rolleyes: ) party. 

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."
Oscar Wilde

#13 Biff

Biff

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 February 2019 - 18:08

Checking back in. I finally got my (green striated) M800 on February 6 after I had long given up on it. I had ordered it from Amazon (actual store was Amazon Global Store UK) on December 31 and they said it was out of stock with more coming in on January 6.

The tracking said it shipped on January 5, but the tracking stopped at January 8 at US customs with never an update to tracking after that. Amazon stated that it was expected on January 17. When that date came and went they said it was now expected the next Wednesday January 23. But still no pen. After that they posted a message on the tracking page that my order was unusually late and they were so sorry and it might even be lost! They said I could wait a few more days and if not to contact them.

So on January 29 I finally gave up and chatted with Amazon asking for a refund as I no longer trusted the seller to make good. They told me it wasn’t actually Amazon and all they did was send them an email asking them to refund me the money. They copied me. No further word (and no refund) until it finally showed up unannounced in my mailbox on February 6. The package shows it was in fact shipped on January 5.

But it arrived in good shape and now I’m glad to have it. I immediately filled it with 4001 Royal Blue. The nib is marked B but to me it seems more like an M, but it’s smooth and I don’t care. I’m a bit perturbed though that it only holds as much ink as my M200 and M600. I was expecting more. But it’s my fault as I didn’t research that. Still, it’s a fine pen.

I got an excellent price though, $243 plus my state’s sales tax and shipping, or $264 altogether. No gift box but I didn’t want that anyway, I would’ve thrown it away.

I think I’m done buying Pelikans now as I have three and I’m not a collector.

Is it worth it to buy from this seller? I say yes because of such a nice price.

#14 pseudo88

pseudo88

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,672 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 18:11

Checking back in. I finally got my (green striated) M800 on February 6 after I had long given up on it. I had ordered it from Amazon (actual store was Amazon Global Store UK) on December 31 and they said it was out of stock with more coming in on January 6.

The tracking said it shipped on January 5, but the tracking stopped at January 8 at US customs with never an update to tracking after that. Amazon stated that it was expected on January 17. When that date came and went they said it was now expected the next Wednesday January 23. But still no pen. After that they posted a message on the tracking page that my order was unusually late and they were so sorry and it might even be lost! They said I could wait a few more days and if not to contact them.

So on January 29 I finally gave up and chatted with Amazon asking for a refund as I no longer trusted the seller to make good. They told me it wasn’t actually Amazon and all they did was send them an email asking them to refund me the money. They copied me. No further word (and no refund) until it finally showed up unannounced in my mailbox on February 6. The package shows it was in fact shipped on January 5.

But it arrived in good shape and now I’m glad to have it. I immediately filled it with 4001 Royal Blue. The nib is marked B but to me it seems more like an M, but it’s smooth and I don’t care. I’m a bit perturbed though that it only holds as much ink as my M200 and M600. I was expecting more. But it’s my fault as I didn’t research that. Still, it’s a fine pen.

I got an excellent price though, $243 plus my state’s sales tax and shipping, or $264 altogether. No gift box but I didn’t want that anyway, I would’ve thrown it away.

I think I’m done buying Pelikans now as I have three and I’m not a collector.

Is it worth it to buy from this seller? I say yes because of such a nice price.

Glad to hear it worked out in the end, even if it took a while and had tracking problems that's a great price for a highly regarded pen.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

#15 Mulrich

Mulrich

Modern Vintage

• Member - Gold

• 1,547 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 23:37

I used to use the green M800 to compare vendors prices since most sellers seem to carry that model. Your pen is one of the best prices for a new M800 Ive seen (even pretty good for a used one). Congrats, this is a terrific pen and one of my all time favorites.

#16 Misfit

Misfit

Goddess of Inanimate Objects

• Member - Gold

• 1,773 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:14

Gulp! I just ordered a white tortoise from the Amazon Global Store UK. With taxes and shipping it is $200.43. IguanaSell answered the questions below the listing. The listing called the nib “bold” although the question section had an answer that there were nib choices. I did not see a place to choose the nib size. I hope it is not F.

If all goes well, and the pen is what it should be, I will be happy. I paid with Discover card. Since it seems Amazon no longer has an option for using cash back bonus, I will apply my $43 to the bill when it arrives. That will make the white tortoise cost $157.
Posted Image

#17 Biff

Biff

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2019 - 16:59

Gulp! I just ordered a white tortoise from the Amazon Global Store UK. With taxes and shipping it is $200.43. IguanaSell answered the questions below the listing. The listing called the nib bold although the question section had an answer that there were nib choices. I did not see a place to choose the nib size. I hope it is not F.

If all goes well, and the pen is what it should be, I will be happy. I paid with Discover card. Since it seems Amazon no longer has an option for using cash back bonus, I will apply my $43 to the bill when it arrives. That will make the white tortoise cost $157.

I ordered this pen too from the same seller. It took about ten days to arrive. The listing said B but when I got it it was an M. There was no way to choose the nib. I didnt complain though as I didnt mind that it was an M as I have an M800 with a B. And the pen is perfect otherwise. I couldnt find a lower price anywhere, I paid $180 USD, $198 with taxes and shipping.

Edited by Refusenik, 09 March 2019 - 17:01.

#18 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2019 - 14:04

If it's still there come payday, I'll buy an 800 (same price but two tone)

Is the B stubby on the 800 nib? 

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

#19 Misfit

Misfit

• Member - Gold

• 1,773 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 04:13

Amazon is showing iParcel could not deliver my package and it’s being returned to seller. That does not sound right at all. Is this what another poster on this topic went through? I live in an area where packages are easily deliverable.

I’ve never heard of iParcel. Sheesh.
Posted Image

#20 Misfit

Misfit

• Member - Gold

• 1,773 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 04:29

If it's still there come payday, I'll buy an 800 (same price but two tone)

Is the B stubby on the 800 nib?

A post here showed good prices on new Lamy Safari at endlesspens.com. They have Pelikan pens, especially an M8xx at under $500. Someone asked if the site was real and the OP said yes.
Posted Image

Sponsored Content

|