The Letter Writers Alliance

MRose

I've just become a member of The Letter Writers Alliance, thought it would be great to be part of this since I did allot of greeting cards and I like to write, specially with my fountain pens.

Any of you part of this alliance? If so, what is your experience?

FP's: Noodler's Charlie Pen, Noodler's King Philip Ahab, JinHao X450 Blue, JinHao X750 Gold, Jinhao 599 Transparent, Hero 366 Green, Hero 9626, Hero 329-A Jinhao Shark Black and Green,Jinhao 992 Coffee, Lamy Safari Black, Lanbitou /2 Transparent/ 1 Black /1 Red/1 Beige, Hero 9075 Black, Twsbi Go Saphire, Jinhao Porcelain Horses, Pilot Vanishing Point Black
INKS: Noodler's Heart of Darkness - Baystate Blue - Apache Sunset - Bullet Proof Black - Blue Nose Bear - Black Swan In Australian Roses - Widow Maker - 54th Massachusetts - Navajo Turquoise - Burning Rome - General of The Armies
OTHER INKS: Thortons - Green / Pelikan-Blue / J. Herbin 1670- Ocean Blue / Diamine Skulls and Roses

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• MRose

• asnailmailer

• thehawkseye

I've been a member for a few months. Other than being matched with two pen pals, I haven't gotten a lot from it. I think the pen pals I found here have been better at keeping the conversations going.

My fingers are always inky and I'm always looking for something new.  Interested in trading?  Contact me!

I've been a member for a few months. Other than being matched with two pen pals, I haven't gotten a lot from it. I think the pen pals I found here have been better at keeping the conversations going.

Ooooh, I haven't received my package yet so I don't have anything going yet. But thanks for your input :huh:

FP's: Noodler's Charlie Pen, Noodler's King Philip Ahab, JinHao X450 Blue, JinHao X750 Gold, Jinhao 599 Transparent, Hero 366 Green, Hero 9626, Hero 329-A Jinhao Shark Black and Green,Jinhao 992 Coffee, Lamy Safari Black, Lanbitou /2 Transparent/ 1 Black /1 Red/1 Beige, Hero 9075 Black, Twsbi Go Saphire, Jinhao Porcelain Horses, Pilot Vanishing Point Black
INKS: Noodler's Heart of Darkness - Baystate Blue - Apache Sunset - Bullet Proof Black - Blue Nose Bear - Black Swan In Australian Roses - Widow Maker - 54th Massachusetts - Navajo Turquoise - Burning Rome - General of The Armies
OTHER INKS: Thortons - Green / Pelikan-Blue / J. Herbin 1670- Ocean Blue / Diamine Skulls and Roses

I was matched with two very nice penpals and we've been exchanging letters for about three years. I think it's the luck of the draw.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

How does one find pen pals on FPN?

Sorry, I'm brand new to this, but as soon as I had a fountain pen in my hand, I began looking for excuses to write more, LOL! A pen pal would be great, but I would hope to find people that will write back, especially if we have a shared interest!

Very much luck of the draw. I got matched with two, sent letters and received none. Try #3 yielded better results for a while.

C

Oh, I know this of myself

I assume as much for other people

We’ve listened more to life’s end gong

Than the sound of life’s sweet bells

• 2 weeks later...

How does one find pen pals on FPN?

Sorry, I'm brand new to this, but as soon as I had a fountain pen in my hand, I began looking for excuses to write more, LOL! A pen pal would be great, but I would hope to find people that will write back, especially if we have a shared interest!

Right here:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/2314-snail-mail-writing-list/

I suspect there are a lot of people on their lists who have either moved and not notified them of a new address or have simply lost interest in pen paling.

I'm an LWA member, but I don't participate in the pen pal exchange. I mostly just read the blog posts (seldom commenting) and participate in the virtual book club now that it is a printed newsletter.

I was wondering if there were any other LWA members here!

I've been a member for almost a year now, but only participated in one swap so far (though I just signed up for another one). Like others have said, I think it's luck of the draw. The two penpals I received wrote once, but I haven't heard from them since. We shall see how this round goes.

That said, I think that's kind of the story of pen pal swaps. Some people you'll connect with, some people you won't. But when you do connect with someone it's the start of an amazing friendship :)

• 6 months later...

I’ve been a member for several years. I have not used the LWA to get pen pals. I have found them here through this thread:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/2314-snail-mail-writing-list/

And through a thread for February’s InCoWriMo or International Correspondence Writing Month.

I read the LWA blog sometimes, and use the free downloads. I like finding pen pals here because you are guaranteed fountain pens, inks and paper to have in common. Those are usually my topics for a new pen pal.

Posted Image

Yeah, I was a bit surprised to read the LWA was ending. Maybe the writing was on the wall when they lost or stopped leasing office space.

At least we got a year’s notice. I have wanted to try their Initiative Responses, so this coming ending might spur me on. That and getting the downloads I might and do want.

There are a couple items I might buy too.

Posted Image