What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2019 Edition

zaddick

A beautiful MB Masterpiece 142, F nib, 3-stage piston. Excellent writer, although I guess I am going to need another nib with this pen. F is too thin for my eyes. An oblique (M or B even( would do just fine.

264643240_minoxandfountainpen.png.2be96a1cb960c6ba19879d9d0fb2a13a.png              Fountain pens and Minox                                 

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• zaddick

• Michael R.

• AndyLogan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

New inks, all the hues of the blues and then some more including orange and pop pink. Forgot to take picture of golden yellow.

Colors uplift my mood.

Steve

post-143567-0-08640400-1574978060_thumb.jpeg

I just folded and bought my first Montblanc in the Black Friday sales: a 149 Calligraphy. Now to check the tracking incessantly until it arrives.

I have finally acquired my first Montblanc - a vintage, late 70s 149 with a three-color 18c nib, solid ebonite feed, and plastic piston threads. It's a very wet medium, and I may have it tuned to be a bit finer to suit my taste - though this seems almost wasteful...you can never put that tipping back...

My latest acquisitions arrived today (sorry for the quick cell phone pic).

fpn_1575593359__img_7459.jpg

The 149 Calligraphy is inked with the Ultramarine. Spent the afternoon writing with it and I love it.

The notebook was a gift from the wonderful folks at LCdC! Very fast, and wonderful service as always. Everything arrived individually packed like this (as usual):

fpn_1575593591__img_7457.jpg

What a nice gift. I order a lot from them and get nothing but delays and lack of communication as my free gifts.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

What a nice gift. I order a lot from them and get nothing but delays and lack of communication as my free gifts.

Sorry to hear that, Zaddick!

I also order a lot from them (three packages arrived this week alone). But, the gift was because of the Black Friday. It seems they were giving something for those that bought MB, Cross and another brand that I can't remember.

I usually don't mind things taking a little longer to ship, given their pricing (besides, I usually preorder, so I have to wait anyway). But during Black Friday, everything I ordered was in stock and they shipped via DHL, so it arrived very quickly.

My latest acquisitions arrived today (sorry for the quick cell phone pic).

The 149 Calligraphy is inked with the Ultramarine. Spent the afternoon writing with it and I love it.

The notebook was a gift from the wonderful folks at LCdC! Very fast, and wonderful service as always. Everything arrived individually packed like this (as usual):

~ Lam1:

What a group of December goodies!

Those are inks which I enjoy.

Please let us know more about your 149 Calligraphy writing experience, after more time passes.

That notebook is a lovely gift.

Happy Writing!

Tom K.

~ Axis:

Thank you for sharing the images here.

Congratulations on such an excellent acquisition.

That's an especially eye-pleasing pen, with a B nib.

What a nice way to conclude 2019!

Tom K.

I finally purchased a used Hemingway, Fine Nib, in excellent condition! I have yet to ink it up, but glad to have it in my collection.

post-22656-0-32295300-1576182944.jpeg

I finally purchased a used Hemingway, Fine Nib, in excellent condition! I have yet to ink it up, but glad to have it in my collection.

~ Toll:

Wow! You did it!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Thank you for the very nice photo.

Happy writing in 2020!

Tom K.

fpn_1576046829__disney_ink.jpg

Congratulations to the new ink in your collection. ... definitely this one is not practical for me.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons." – General D. MacArthur

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – W. Churchill

• 2 weeks later...

Dear FPN Community and MB-Friends,

It was a challenging year for me with more with more downs than ups. (Nothing really serious but kind of frustrating.)

In addition to that my Montblanc year was not satisfying so far:

- I bought red Montblanc M ballpoint pen which I really liked. But unfortunately I lost it during a trip to the U.S. this summer.

- After that I did a very spontaneous purchase: The new Starwalker fountain pen. But I have to admit, that it is not doing so much to me as I hoped. I am only using it from time to time for short notes. It is my first Montblanc purchase which I am regretting a bit. (Sometimes I am considering selling it.)

- Three weeks ago one of my favourite writers, my Meisterstück Ultra Black Classique, slipped out of my hand and now it is damaged. I will send it to service next week.

So I decided to give a special Montblanc gift to myself. I considered several pens:
- The Beatles

- Walt Disney

- John F. Kennedy in blue

Finally I decided to go with the JFK (the beatles is still on my list) and I am really enjoying it so far. I got it with a fine nib and it is writing really excellent. Looks like my Montblanc year has come to a happy end. :-)

Merry Christimas and have good start into 2020!

Regards

Christian

post-140715-0-64168200-1577387166_thumb.jpeg

post-140715-0-14732600-1577387209_thumb.jpeg

post-140715-0-22879600-1577387245_thumb.jpeg

post-140715-0-91196600-1577387280_thumb.jpeg

Edited by colormind