What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2019 Edition

zaddick

Just got an Alexander Dumas for a very good price, and I'm very happy about it. So I decided to share! Never thought I would get one!

~ titevm:

Thank you for posting the image of your Alexander Dumas.

That's an especially nice photo.

I'm glad that you were able to add one to your writing desk.

May it bring you much writing pleasure in the years to come!

Tom K.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• zaddick

• Michael R.

• AndyLogan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

~ titevm:

Thank you for posting the image of your Alexander Dumas.

That's an especially nice photo.

I'm glad that you were able to add one to your writing desk.

May it bring you much writing pleasure in the years to come!

Tom K.

Thanks Tom :)

Does anyone know if they still make nibs for this pen? The medium it came with is great, but I feel I should put a special nib on it!

Does anyone know if they still make nibs for this pen? The medium it came with is great, but I feel I should put a special nib on it!

Yes, if you want to pay for one. For a quote you would need to contact MB. I'd expect any quote to start at $300 and it could be a lot more if they do not have any nibs in your desired size and need to make one.

Now if you somehow bought the pen recently from an authorized dealer as a new pen, you are entitled to a nib exchange for free into a standard size.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

fpn_1572030551__beatles_note.jpg

Congratulations on the M205 birthday gift, Tom (and Happy Birthday!). I can't believe you know Jack McDevitt. He is one of my favorite authors. I especially enjoy his Priscilla Hutchins series.

I have added Three Pens to my Montblanc collection :) But they are not Fountain pens .

Three ball point pens. One classic platinum silver Ball pen / Star walker rollerball which I find very interesting writer/ and a vintage fountain pen with a spring mechanism which is bit rare sort of slim size.

Well I love my small MB collection.

A gift,

A James dean with ink.

My wife brought it back from a trip to Turkey. I was quit anxious about that trip but she was intrepid. And she was out about two months before things came apart.

We are very near the site were he totaled his Porsche and it totaled him.

Strangely. Its one of two pens Ive never inked.

It is a very big pen with a smallish nib.

Very pretty.

Cheers,

“It’s better to light a candle than curse the darkness

Returned yesterday from nib exchange! I love it :-))

~ Axis:

Thank you for posting the images of your OBB 149 Elbphilharmonie.

The OBB nib with Lavender Purple is gorgeous!

Such a beautiful nib to have in OBB.

Tom K.

Nothing big, just a MB Carrera, the orange version. Steel nib, very nice and good writer. As said, not much, but it's a Montblanc :)

264643240_minoxandfountainpen.png.2be96a1cb960c6ba19879d9d0fb2a13a.png              Fountain pens and Minox                                 

MB 149 Nib M, gold accents.

MB 146 Nib M, Bordeaux, gold accents

MB mystery black ink

MB toffee brown ink

Enjoy your pens

Have a nice day

Junaid

Nothing big, just a MB Carrera, the orange version. Steel nib, very nice and good writer. As said, not much, but it's a Montblanc :)

Nice, underrated MB pen for writing! They are a little thin for me, but can be a good value. Enjoy

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Just got an Alexander Dumas for a very good price, and I'm very happy about it. So I decided to share! Never thought I would get one!

Beautiful! Mine was a broad stubbed by MM and probably my all time favorite all around user; I cry out for it in my sleep occasionally ...

I just picked up a 149 Calligraphy. Toying with it to figure out the best ink to flow without gushing yet not leave train tracks when trying too add a bit of width too quickly. Nothing like vintage flex, IMO.

Edited by offbase

Beautiful! Mine was a broad stubbed by MM and probably my all time favorite all around user; I cry out for it in my sleep occasionally ...

I just picked up a 149 Calligraphy. Toying with it to figure out the best ink to flow without gushing yet not leave train tracks when trying too add a bit of width too quickly. Nothing like vintage flex, IMO.

~ offbase:

Congratulations on your 149 Calligraphy Collection with an Expression Nib.

It's useful to know that it requires a certain amount of trial and error use to get it right.

That it's unlike vintage flex is also helpful to know.

I hope that with time it'll become a treasured writer for you.

Thank you for posting your thoughts about it here.

Tom K.

I really doubt it, but a medium MB would probably make a nice stub. I had a medium Delta Julius Caesar stubbed by MM years ago, and it was a terrific writer for most applications. If you do, 6 of 10 flow and a tad extra sharpness would give you a smooth writer with excellent variation. I also had mediums stubbed by Deb Kinney and Richard B, and all were exceptional.

fpn_1573623424__fea075a8-882b-4916-9414-