What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2019 Edition

zaddick

I've always been a big fan of Le Petit Prince, (and had the Parker FP collaboration to use in elementary school,) so I was very excited to see MB release these pens. When they initially came out, I was disappointed that the standard 146 didn't have a two-tone nib, so I convinced myself that the wallet would be better off without the purchase. Then MB went and released the Holiday Set with champagne gold accents and all hope was lost for the poor wallet...

I purchased the M nib, but before swapping to a B (which has become my go-to MB size) I wondered if lightning could strike twice and the MB gods had given me a springy and character filled M nib as they did on another pen I purchased a couple years ago. Unfortunately this nib was a dud :/ . After more than a week of flushing and trying my time-trusted, wettest inks, the nib was dry, prone to hard starts, and almost always skipped on the downstroke. But the design is beautiful so I will share a photo anyway :)

post-113356-0-79787100-1566261156_thumb.jpg

The nib swap will take two months, since only F and M nibs were included in the initial production run, so will post an updated photo of the glorious B soon!

Edited by bstnnyc

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• zaddick

• Michael R.

• AndyLogan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My latest purchases at duty-free of Brussel airport (the Petit Prince notebook) and the rest yesterday at the MB store of Champs-Elysées:

~ Cyrille:

The image you've kindly shared has a wealth of detail.

Thank you for assembling them into one easy-to-appreciate photograph.

A bit of everything, in such a variety of colors.

The green Kipling case is new to me.

Tom K.

My latest purchases at duty-free of Brussel airport (the Petit Prince notebook) and the rest yesterday at the MB store of Champs-Elysées:

48598535106_df0693ca74_c.jpg

Those are all fantastic. Especially like the Kipling case. I’m looking to get the new Starwalker Case once my pen is delivered. Some really nice new releases from MB

I've always been a big fan of Le Petit Prince, (and had the Parker FP collaboration to use in elementary school,) so I was very excited to see MB release these pens. When they initially came out, I was disappointed that the standard 146 didn't have a two-tone nib, so I convinced myself that the wallet would be better off without the purchase. Then MB went and released the Holiday Set with champagne gold accents and all hope was lost for the poor wallet...

I purchased the M nib, but before swapping to a B (which has become my go-to MB size) I wondered if lightning could strike twice and the MB gods had given me a springy and character filled M nib as they did on another pen I purchased a couple years ago. Unfortunately this nib was a dud :/ . After more than a week of flushing and trying my time-trusted, wettest inks, the nib was dry, prone to hard starts, and almost always skipped on the downstroke. But the design is beautiful so I will share a photo anyway :)

attachicon.gif 0172705A-4A73-4882-9B3A-ACC8BBDC799B.jpg

The nib swap will take two months, since only F and M nibs were included in the initial production run, so will post an updated photo of the glorious B soon!

Another nice photo @Bstnnyc, glad you waited, I too was pleasantly surprised that MB brought out the holiday set, which gave me a chance to enjoy the two tone nib. Got one with an OB. A quick question, how exactly do you fill your pen? I remember you once wrote you use the 4810 as a guide, Do you get a full fill using that technique? I submerge the whole nib up to right around the first part of the collar, and through the months of reading various threads, some people have different techniques on filling up their pens, so I would be interested with how you do yours?

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

Meet my Team. . ✒️🖋

My latest purchased..

Le Petit Prince Classique 145

Meisterstück Gold-Coated LeGrand 146 ( will exchange to Platinum-Coated)

Westside 2 Pen Pouch

MB Ink (free)

post-153592-0-12262900-1566603739_thumb.png

Another nice photo @Bstnnyc, glad you waited, I too was pleasantly surprised that MB brought out the holiday set, which gave me a chance to enjoy the two tone nib. Got one with an OB. A quick question, how exactly do you fill your pen? I remember you once wrote you use the 4810 as a guide, Do you get a full fill using that technique? I submerge the whole nib up to right around the first part of the collar, and through the months of reading various threads, some people have different techniques on filling up their pens, so I would be interested with how you do yours?

Thank you AndyLogan! How are you liking the OB on your holiday edition? Im so ready for the pen with the new nib to arrive but trying to be patient...

I get a full fill using the 4810 level as a guide. It started out because Im OCD about cleaning after filling (especially pens made from more stain-prone materials or colors) so when the 4810 level worked I was sold. Its worked really well with all of my pens except for three. Two are Visconti power fillers and (someone correct me if Im wrong but) I think the only way to properly fill those is by completely submerging the nib up to the top of the collar. Otherwise the 4810 method has worked well. Let me know how it goes as you try it.

I just picked up the Rouge et Noir in Tropic Brown (M nib) this week. As you can see, I am a fan of the ReN. :)

I also have the ballpoint versions in black and coral, so I'm sure its just a matter of time before I justify the Tropic Brown BP as my next purchase.

I don't love medium nibs, but think that it adds enough variety to the others to justify keeping it as is (for the moment).

post-115667-0-93907300-1566652847_thumb.jpeg

The M had been on my radar for some time, so I finally bought it last month. This started its life as an F, which I had LcDC swap to an EF before shipping it off. I'm very happy with the pen and the snap cap. It is very practical for taking notes throughout the day at work.

post-115667-0-76575100-1566652864_thumb.jpeg

Thank you AndyLogan! How are you liking the OB on your holiday edition? Im so ready for the pen with the new nib to arrive but trying to be patient...

I get a full fill using the 4810 level as a guide. It started out because Im OCD about cleaning after filling (especially pens made from more stain-prone materials or colors) so when the 4810 level worked I was sold. Its worked really well with all of my pens except for three. Two are Visconti power fillers and (someone correct me if Im wrong but) I think the only way to properly fill those is by completely submerging the nib up to the top of the collar. Otherwise the 4810 method has worked well. Let me know how it goes as you try it.

Will give the 4810 ink level a try, the LPP is not in my current rotation at the moment as I enjoy using the James Dean and a more recent acquisition, a Charles Dickens NOS both of which have OBB nibs, one is inked with Sailor 123, the other inked with Homer, plus I have just received a pen back from Siamackz who had graciously serviced an MB 22 with an OF nib, The maximum pen usage that I allow myself to ink is only 3, and will probably rotate my pens once ink has ran out of the Dean & Dickens.

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

No way! Congrats on such a rare find. :yikes:

Once in your lifetime you will find something like this in the wild on a small town antique market...

48618784418_51a2d1fadc_k.jpgP1480345 by pensninks, auf Flickr

I've already exchanged the nib with a three-tone EF 18K one.

Cheers

Michael

Once in your lifetime you will find something like this in the wild on a small town antique market...

Cheers

Michael

Wow, well done!

My Vintage Montblanc Website--> link

Cheers

Michael

Amazing !

Congratulations!

Regards,

Feamat

I am so jealous Michael. But you are a worthy recipient of the luck bestowed by the gods of fortune. Enjoy your new homage 139.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Will give the 4810 ink level a try, the LPP is not in my current rotation at the moment as I enjoy using the James Dean and a more recent acquisition, a Charles Dickens NOS both of which have OBB nibs, one is inked with Sailor 123, the other inked with Homer, plus I have just received a pen back from Siamackz who had graciously serviced an MB 22 with an OF nib, The maximum pen usage that I allow myself to ink is only 3, and will probably rotate my pens once ink has ran out of the Dean & Dickens.

This sounds like a perfect rotation! Which of these pens are you enjoying the most at the moment?

Cheers

Michael

This pen is truly beautiful; and finding it in a small town antique market adds to its exceptional beauty. Congratulations on the find Michael!

Edited by bstnnyc