What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2019 Edition

zaddick

And I am sure there are those who bought and out of the guilty feeling did not post photos :D

hahaha

photos to come soon, once it arrives.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• zaddick

• Michael R.

• thygreyt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's a stunner, for sure!

puddle.gif

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Here are some close up photos of the caps of my StarWalker collection:

StarWalker Resin

Montblanc 2016 StarWalker Resin Fineliner

StarWalker 2019 Resin

Montblanc 2019 StarWalker Resin Fineliner

StarWalker 2019 Doué

Montblanc 2019 StarWalker Doué Fountain pen

Latest addition:  Montblanc LeGrand 146 Calligraphy Flexible Nib

A restored and in excellent shape 146, pre-90. As I did the restoration myself, it has even more appeal :)

264643240_minoxandfountainpen.png.2be96a1cb960c6ba19879d9d0fb2a13a.png              Fountain pens and Minox                                 

A 2001 Writers Edition NOS Charles Dickens with an OBB nib!

post-141810-0-58209400-1562641175_thumb.jpg

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

A 2001 Writers Edition NOS Charles Dickens with an OBB nib!

IMG_3296.jpg

Congratulations on a great pen and nib. I like how the color of the pen seemed to change depending on light and environment.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

I just pulled the trigger on a WE Agatha Christie :yikes: :D

It's in the mail, and I can't wait to receive it!

- P.

I just pulled the trigger on a WE Agatha Christie :yikes: :D

It's in the mail, and I can't wait to receive it!

- P.

Good choice. Im not a fan of WE or SE or moderns MBs in general, but the Agatha is a nice one. Enjoy!

My Vintage Montblanc Website--> link

MB Beatles SE in M nib. One of the most colorful pens by MB. It might be a novelty pen for many but I dont remember the last time montblanc did something so utterly joyous.

Steve

post-143567-0-67667500-1562687362_thumb.jpeg

post-143567-0-59945900-1562687378_thumb.jpeg

post-143567-0-40642400-1562687394_thumb.jpeg

post-143567-0-89997900-1562687421_thumb.jpeg

post-143567-0-24728800-1562687433_thumb.jpeg

Congratulations on a great pen and nib. I like how the color of the pen seemed to change depending on light and environment.

Thanks Zaddick, yes the pen's colour does change depending on the lighting, and the fact that I got an OBLIQUE nib is all the more perfect specially with a W.E. that's 18 years old, I was able to purchase a Poe but the medium nib is a bit of a bore.

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

During this year I was lucky to buy one of the Heritage Rouge et Noir and the newest Writer's Edition Rudyard Kipling. In the case of the Rouge et Noir I already had a coral ball point, but I decided that the fountain pen had to be the regular black resin. I really like the contrast of the black body and the red emblem.

When I saw the first pictures of the Kipling, I thought I would pass (the green in the pictures didn't help it), even though I really like the jungle book and I think I have a soft spot for that story since my childhood; but when I saw the pen I was surprised of how the color varies with the light of the room. It is more like a teal color, that in certain conditions looks greenish, and sometimes it could even look gray.

I didn't take pictures of the pens individually yet, but I took a couple of pictures with all the Montblancs I have. Most of them are Writers editions, and I think one that it is missing from that image is a Doue Le Petit Prince for the fox collection from last year. I hope you like them

post-128869-0-24813400-1562878839_thumb.jpg

post-128869-0-60607200-1562879047_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Today arrived this Donation Pen Herbert von Karajan.

As normally happens with Montblanc, the photos do not merit the piece in reality. It is a wonderfull manufactoring work.

Regards

post-134422-0-41752700-1563252148_thumb.jpeg

That’s true. Does seem very happy and mood-lifting pen. Enjoy!

It might be a novelty pen for many but I dont remember the last time montblanc did something so utterly joyous.

Steve

New for 2019 is this Dumas that I've aggregated to my collection this week. :)

https://postimg.cc/R6XsvBFb

One of my grail pens, after visiting the Château d'If in Marseilles (France), I have decided to add this beauty to my collection.

Edited by admmarcos

Recently bought a barely used Heritage 1914 and a brand new silver barley 146. These MOP stars certainly raise the bar for my collection, especially the 1914's! It's huge!!! Considering sending in the 1914 for a nib exchange to a BB as mine came with a medium. I had my silver barley 146 swapped out for a broad nib and has been my daily writer since.