Adding To The Flock

mana

Sorry for the poor picture (cell phone at work) but best of the three I took. The gold is actually pretty awesome, I think my first impression was the brown looked a little more imposing due to the dark cap and blind cap.

Both are wonderfully smooth, more than making up for my disappointing experience with the Cafe Creme.

~ chromantic:

They both look nice.

Thank you for including a handwriting sample.

It's good to know that both nibs write smoothly.

Tom K.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DilettanteG

• N1003U

• carola

• mana

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Brown came today. EF nib. Absolutely fantastic right out of the box. The Gold came a couple days ago. B nib. Also perfect.

Hey Pelikan, how about making that Brown in an M600? I'd buy two of them :puddle:

fpn_1575327193__2_new_birds.jpg

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

The Brown came today. EF nib. Absolutely fantastic right out of the box. The Gold came a couple days ago. B nib. Also perfect.

Hey Pelikan, how about making that Brown in an M600? I'd buy two of them :puddle:

~ BillH:

Not only two lovely Pelikans, but a wonderful image.

I notice and admire all aspects of the composition.

Thank you!

Tom K.

Real nice, Bill! Congrats!

Great pic too.

Here are my latest three acquisitions. Unfortunately it is a horrible cell phone pic.

The M1005 has been around for a little while, but I never posted here. All three are wonderful writers!!

fpn_1575337488__img_7447.jpg

Here are my latest three acquisitions.

The M1005 has been around for a little while, but I never posted here. All three are wonderful writers!!

~ Lam1:

Wow! A three-in-one Pelikan portrait!

Thank you for posting that here, for the enjoyment of all.

The handwriting sample is especially appreciated.

That they're all writing well for you is great news.

Happy Writing!

Tom K.

~ Lam1:

Wow! A three-in-one Pelikan portrait!

Thank you for posting that here, for the enjoyment of all.

The handwriting sample is especially appreciated.

That they're all writing well for you is great news.

Happy Writing!

Tom K.

Thank you, Tom.

I just wish I knew how get good photos, like the ones you post!

Thank you, Tom.

I just wish I knew how get good photos, like the ones you post!

~ Lam1:

You post images of very good Pelikans.

That's more than enough!

Last night I was wondering what Pelikan might have for you and BillH.

Whatever models are introduced next year, I hope that several will strongly appeal to you.

Tom K.

Thank you, Tom.

I think that whatever Pelikan has in store for next year it is a pretty safe bet to say that BillH and I will grab a "couple". :lol:

So, here is the latest addition, which arrived today for my wife, courtesy of the wonderful folks at LCdC. Another wonderful writer out of the box. (Again, I am too lazy to get the camera out. So, cell phone pic it is :) ).

fpn_1575592767__img_7458.jpg

Finally got my grail pen, a solid blue m605, thanks to pajaro; in a way this is a pen that started it all but I'd given up on it because of its prices, my strict budget for pens and stumbling on my accidental grail pen, the Carène. Thanks to a few unexpected circumstances I had the money so...

19120709340424960416545642.jpg

Edited by SenZen

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Appelboom sent me an email this morning saying that my order has been updated to "Shipped". Then a bit later I got an email from FedEx saying I had a delivery coming Thursday...

only pen yet outstanding for 2019 is the M605 Stresemann. Yippie!! :bunny01: (pics by Friday)

Gave in to my materialistic instincts (and all the gorgeous pictures you guys have been posting) and ordered a Brown M800/K800 set (IB Nib) with a black Pelikan pouch and some Smoky Quartz ink.

Aside from some cheap Japanese Calligraphy pens, I think I've bought nothing but Pelikans this year.

It's here, M605 Stresemann, F nib. Writes very well (better than I do, that's for sure ;) ).

Very satisfying to complete the four sizes! Wish I could complete this set in the Tortoise finish... sigh...

fpn_1576192821__four_pelikan_stresemann_

And a writing sample, from today's Bible journaling project. The ink is Diamine's 150 Year Silver Fox.

fpn_1576192846__four_stresemann_sizes.jp

That’s a great set, congratulations!

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)